Awful weather - typical Brits talk

Comments

• RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,446
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Either of your seeds some sort of brassica YBE?

Dave, did someone not tighten or overtighten a nut or two. Think the mower should be returned to the fixer, for them to fix, if it's only lasted hours.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • YoungBlueEyes
    YoungBlueEyes Posts: 3,798
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 2 June 2023 at 8:24AM
    Nah not brassica RAS, the only food ones I bought were lettuces,rocket and radishes.... 

I've decided against rescuing the baby bird, because there's 3 of them down now. If I started interferring the house would be knee-deep in the poor wee sods !

And I agree about the mower going back. If you'd been ragging the erse off it for 6 months that'd be one thing. But a couple of go's on it for a few hours total? No way Pedro.
    In 1915, the lock millionaire Cecil Chubb bought his wife Stonehenge. She didn't like it, so in 1918 he gave it to the nation.
  • RAS
    Forumite
    YBE, rocket and radishes are brassicas.

If you check your packets, which have been opened?
  • YoungBlueEyes
    YoungBlueEyes Posts: 3,798
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Ah sorry, I thought brassicas were broccoli and cauli etc :neutral: 

I've all sorts of opened packets. I had a bit of a planting session so they were all bought and opened and planted at the same time.  No matter. 
    In 1915, the lock millionaire Cecil Chubb bought his wife Stonehenge. She didn't like it, so in 1918 he gave it to the nation.
  • I'd guess rocket on those - both radish and rocket are very fast to germinate, but radish cotyledons (first baby leaves) are usually bigger - you'll know for sure when they're both up!
  • RAS
    Forumite
    edited 2 June 2023 at 9:46AM
    -taff said:
    With those leaves, rocket or radish. Now if you'd like to take a shufti at my god knows whats going on planter, I'd like ot know which is the yelllow chard and which is the yellow beetroot please...Another failure of labelling...
    Once you get to the first true leaves, the chard ones are wider than the beetroot. How do I know? Had to do the same with a friend's pots last, neatly filed in order, until she moved them to water. Fortunately, one pot was labelled.
  • RAS said:
    -taff said:
    With those leaves, rocket or radish. Now if you'd like to take a shufti at my god knows whats going on planter, I'd like ot know which is the yelllow chard and which is the yellow beetroot please...Another failure of labelling...
    Once you get to the first true leaves, the chard ones are wider than the beetroot. How do I know? Had to do the same with a friend's pots last, neatly filed in order, until she moved them to water. Fortunately, one pot was labelled.

That's all very well if the seed packets were labelled properly in the first place - I grew some Rainbow Beetroot last year which turned out to be Rainbow Chard :s:'(
  • ArbitraryRandom
    ArbitraryRandom Posts: 2,332
    First Anniversary First Post Homepage Hero Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 2 June 2023 at 11:40AM
    Farway, you've reminded me, I've got two mystery plants growing in the strip down the side of the front path. Any help with an ID?

The first I thought was a lavender, but it's now nearly 3ft tall and no scent to the leaves when crushed so no idea. Only the one stem. The second is a little thing, maybe 10cm. 

I'm not an early bird or a night owl; I’m some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback