Awful weather - typical Brits talk

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 12,981
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 13 April 2023 at 9:04AM
    YBE, the fruit tree thing comes under "Climate Action" but it may be a very local idea, things like repair cafés and the like are lumped in there, mind you even subsidised it is £15, which includes a stake, ties etc, so perhaps a tenner special from a supermarket would be suitable, even if like most of mine the swines have labelled them incorrectly?

Apart from my hyacinths now being nearly horizontal, there doesn't appear to be much storm damage in the garden, a nice bright & calm morning much like Dusty's. May rain later, but I hope to squelch down the garden before then, just to check

And suddenly my Judas tree has a pink haze, and neighbour's pear buds have gone white, if the promised sun & warmth arrive this weekend I reckon they may flower :) , could the pear be in time to help pollinate my one? I had planned blossom times like that when I bought my pear, but many a slip etc

Here's the progress of my cannas from seed, settled in and now leaves starting to unfurl

Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • YoungBlueEyes
    YoungBlueEyes Posts: 3,767
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Seems I've struck out :(  I've had a good look round the various categories on their website and nothing is coming up.  Ah well, I've enough on with my tomato forest! I must take a pic of them, I think they may need separating out now they've grown a bit. 

Weather here this morning was beautiful first thing, sunny and calm if a bit chill. There's big ol' clouds roiling around up there now and the wind's got up, it'll be properly persisting it down soon I reckon.

I went for a wander earlier to get some fresh air round me gills. Remembering the 'things that are plain but we love anyway' chat (daffs daisies), I took this pic of some moss. I don't know quite why it's pleasing, but I love it. It felt like it looks like it'd feel too :blush:
    The proud owner of the first silicone breast implant was a dog called Esmeralda.
  • YoungBlueEyes
    Forumite
    Pics. A mossy wall <3 and my forest :worried:

The proud owner of the first silicone breast implant was a dog called Esmeralda.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 12,981
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Lovely tomato forest YBE, learn to love chutney!

I like moss as well, posted this close up pic a bit back, I never realised it had "flowers" on it until I got close

Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • twopenny
    twopenny Posts: 5,280
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Still only 8c this morning though bright. Tulips in a pot took a battering even though I put them in shelter :/
    Only apparant damage was my new heavy bird table went down! I think it's in one piece, and a cast iron chair.

Great progress with the Cannas Farway!
    Still only the little brassicas poking their heads up but the rest are well watered.....

Moss Blue, looking forward to the photo. I love moss and it's one of the things I like about Greencombe Gardens, the tall trees and huge mossy areas. I took this photo where they've made moss covered raised bed things in the woodland for the collection of Erythoniums??

The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well

• YoungBlueEyes
    Forumite
    I remember that pic Farway, flowering moss is new to me but I really want some!  Himself is going to be tasked with chutney duty. Luckily I've miriad old cook books so we shouldn't be eating the one flavour for too long ha haa!

I could easily turn all Japanese-y and become excessively fond of moss :) Your pic is really lovely 2p, gawd I'd be that happy if that were my garden! Just wants a stream running down the left hand side. And a nice bench. And a good pair of black labs. And a spaniel. Then I'd never ask for another thing :blush: 
  • YoungBlueEyes
    Forumite
    Dusty  father always taught us "you're better asking forgiveness than permission". He was a s0d that regularly got caught out by that, like. Didn't stop him :D 
  • twopenny
    Forumite
    Blue, it has a view through the trees to the sea, a lovely old Edwardian house, and a small wiry terrier of some sort.

• YoungBlueEyes
    Forumite
    edited 13 April 2023 at 1:38PM
    I don’t need a wiry terrier of any sort, but I’ll take the rest of it! 😁

Has your bird table survived?
  • twopenny
    Forumite
    Indeed it has, I think. Just put it upright and a new fat block on.
    Birds are in short supply.

Hows the lurg?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family