New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Unsubscribe

17 replies 201 views
_shel_shel Forumite
3.9K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭
 can we think about adding this please? 
 I make a post on a thread and I'm getting notifications from it every second and I'm not interested in it any more. 
 Seems only option is to turn off all notifications and I don't want to do that. I just want to unsubscribe from that thread. 

Don't Buy The S*n

Replies

• J_BJ_B Forumite
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't you just press the 'subscribe' button again?
  • _shel_shel Forumite
    3.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tried that and I'm still getting pop ups for it. 
     I didn't click subscribe to start with i just posted on a thread which I assume auto subscribes you? 
    Don't Buy The S*n
  • BootsMulleryBootsMullery Forumite
    962 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    _shel said:
     I didn't click subscribe to start with i just posted on a thread which I assume auto subscribes you? 
    Unless you go to "Notifications" and deselect where it says "Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions."
    Then you can subscribe to just those you do wish to get notifications for.
  • _shel_shel Forumite
    3.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    _shel said:
    Unless you go to "Notifications" and deselect where it says "Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions."
    Then you can subscribe to just those you do wish to get notifications for.
     Brilliant will try that. 
    No idea why so complicated though, was so much easier on the old forum. 
    Don't Buy The S*n
  • edited 11 November 2020 at 6:05PM
    LeeUKLeeUK Forumite
    7.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 11 November 2020 at 6:05PM
    Still don't know how to turn off email notifications for subscribed posts I'm no longer interested in. It's becoming to a point where I will start reporting the emails as spam. 
  • duncanthedogduncanthedog Forumite
    4.2K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    The LeeUK said:
    Still don't know how to turn off email notifications for subscribed posts I'm no longer interested in. It's becoming to a point where I will start reporting the emails as spam. 
    The instructions have been posted so many times, do you not understand them?
  • HeHe Forumite
    37 posts
    10 Posts
    The LeeUK said:
    Que?
  • LeeUKLeeUK Forumite
    7.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    The LeeUK said:
    Maybe if the instructions worked then I wouldn't be posting. Durr. 
  • edited 12 November 2020 at 10:42AM
    _shel_shel Forumite
    3.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 12 November 2020 at 10:42AM
    The LeeUK said:
    The instructions dont work. 
     Assuming the poster is like me but wants some notifications of interesting threads they've commented on but would rather not receive some others. Its all or nothing. How to switch off individual threads? I tried the above and it didnt work 
    Don't Buy The S*n
  • duncanthedogduncanthedog Forumite
    4.2K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    _shel said:
    The LeeUK said:
    The instructions dont work. 
     Assuming the poster is like me but wants some notifications of interesting threads they've commented on but would rather not receive some others. Its all or nothing. How to switch off individual threads? I tried the above and it didnt work 
    as has been said on other threads, you can't have individual threads, it is all or nothing, that is one of the 'improvements' on this new platform and if you look at the notifications page, you will see that there is no option for individual threads.