NatWest digital regular saver

Options

Comments

• Donegal_Paul
    Options
    Can I just ask, I know that it's less than a tenner in year one, assuming however the rate continues after that 3% will then be £30 pa on that £1000? Im not seeing anything stating that the 3% wont apply in year 2 onwards, though I do note it's a variable rate obviously. 
  • EdGasketTheSecond
    EdGasketTheSecond Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 October 2020 at 10:11AM
    Options
    After 1 year you will have £600 in the account, not £1000 so you still won't get £30 interest in year 2 but would continue to receive the 3% on what you do have invested however rate may well drop before then.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    RG2015 said:
    Not worth the faff for the £15 max interest you will get over the year
    Opened the account in one minute. Where is the faff in that?
    Another account to manage, SO to set up, 1K tied up to earn only £15 in year one, no interest above 1K. Sounds a bit of an option for losers. Anyway enjoy your free coffee and cake in a year's time.
    It's for people who can't afford to buy a Krugerrand :smile:
  • Poon
    Poon Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have opened one of these accounts but may have rushed into it and not read the small print... lol
    I have set up my £50 DD per month but also transferred 10k into the account, I had another savings account with NW but it paid 0.01% interest so i thought this would be the most sensible option (I understand that i wont get 3% on the full amount). I regularly move money in and out of my account - is this the wrong prioduct for me?
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    edited 11 October 2020 at 9:14AM
    Options
    This is what Natwest say:

When did you transfer your £10K? Should be interesting to know whether they actually move the money unto your current account. 

You say you understand you won’t get 3% on the whole amount you have in the account. How much do you expect to get, and why?

BTW, you did not set up any DD for this account, but an SO. Two very different things.
  • Hammer_Time
    Options
    If you have a joint bank account with them can you set up one for yourself and one for your partner?
  • colsten
    edited 11 October 2020 at 10:57AM
    Options
    If you have a joint bank account with them can you set up one for yourself and one for your partner?
    Doesn’t look as if you can. 

Easy to resolve though, by one or both of you setting up a sole account
  • garmeg
    garmeg Posts: 771 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    colsten said:
    Doesn’t look as if you can. 

Easy to resolve though, by one or both of you setting up a sole account
    I think they mean that if Mr and Mrs Smith have a joint current account that they could open two regular saver accounts - one for each of them in a single name?
  • colsten
    Options
    Dunno.May be.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business