NatWest digital regular saver

Comments

• Indeed, all setup in less time than it takes to do some posts on here.
  • PParka
    PParka Posts: 258
    Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    So... can I setup the Standing Order for the 1st October, and manually transfer £50 across in September?
  • Yes you can.
  • VXman
    VXman Posts: 495
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Just opened a Reward current account so this is a surprise bonus. Not that it will make up for the 6 TSB accounts about to reduce to 0% the 2 lloyds and 1 Halifax regular savers that have just matured only to be replaced with 1% and the NS&I accounts that have just been slashed.
  • PParka said:
    So... can I setup the Standing Order for the 1st October, and manually transfer £50 across in September?
    I was told that manual transfers to it are not possible.
    First I was told they were and I could just place £1000 into it and then I was told that I couldn't do that and it was max £50 a month via standing order only.
    The blurb says no minimum deposit required - it suggests a deposit is possible. But natwest have said no.
    The wording of the blurb is identical to the Instant Saver which does allow transfer in.
    Sadly natwest dont see this as being misleading, AND with their staff also giving out the wrong information.

• not2plan said:
    PParka said:
    I was told that manual transfers to it are not possible.
    First I was told they were and I could just place £1000 into it and then I was told that I couldn't do that and it was max £50 a month via standing order only.
    The blurb says no minimum deposit required - it suggests a deposit is possible. But natwest have said no.
    The wording of the blurb is identical to the Instant Saver which does allow transfer in.
    Sadly natwest dont see this as being misleading, AND with their staff also giving out the wrong information.

From the FAQs:

Can I make a lump sum deposit?
    Yes, but the combination of lump sum deposit and standing order cannot exceed £50 per calendar month.  After account opening you can make a deposit via Online or Mobile Banking

• Not worth the faff for the £15 max interest you will get over the year
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,821
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Not worth the faff for the £15 max interest you will get over the year
    Opened the account in one minute. Where is the faff in that?
  • Not worth the faff for the £15 max interest you will get over the year
    "look after the pennies" and all that... as stated - "why not"
  • While its only a small amount you can deposit each month its still 3% and when you run in conjunction with other accounts it all adds up
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback