IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Civil Enforcement Limited - CCJ Obtained - Wrong adress on letter

Comments

• RINCO
    RINCO Posts: 76 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    It's up to you, and never clear.  You can do either!

Ok will go via County I think :) does the draft order suffice? 

Another question my friend has is that on the draft order its stated; 
    C. All enforcement be put on hold pending the outcome of the application.
    If a bailiff or anybody turns up at her new address (which would be surprising as they don't seem to have it) what proof can be shown that this is in place? should I ask for a confirmation of receipt from the court just in case? 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    CEL won't send a bailiff, no worries.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • RINCO
    Sending off the pack to the court tomorrow may drop it in by hand but unsure if that'll be possible because of covid;

Pack contents

• Draft Order
    • Witness Statement
    • 4x N244's referenced to each eachother 
    • Copies of the default judgement attached to each N244 for ref 
    • Cover letter referencing each N244 and re iterating a request for amalgamation. 

Without your help we wouldn't have got this far thank you. Crossing fingers now that the funding comes through that would be fantastic. 

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary

Great.  Make sure you and your family do this now!

AND - please now make a real difference - A TASK FOR SEPTEMBER.

The Government is (this month only) consulting about a new statutory code of practice (CoP) and framework to rein in the rogue parking firms.  Read and comment on the draft CoP proposal and the enforcement framework consultation, and get everyone you know to do the same.

You will need to register to comment on the CoP and enter an occupation even if you are retired or a homemaker, but otherwise it is easy to navigate, and comment upon each section/subsection individually. You can save comments to edit later and or submit comments once you are happy with them.

https://standardsdevelopment.bsigroup.com/projects/2020-00193#/section

You do not need to register to comment on the enforcement framework which can be found here. It has a link on page 5 to make comments.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/913272/Code_Enforcement_Framework_consultation.pdf

At the very least, we say the parking charge level should be £50/£25 or higher level £70/£35, as per Council PCNs in E&W.  

And we say the added fake 'debt recovery' costs are just double counting the cost of letters, and MUST GO because that is unfair and illegal.

Please be heard.  You can bet the hundreds of PPCs will be commenting.

No apologies for repeating this vital 'call for action' to consumers, on every thread this month!

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • RINCO
    edited 25 September 2020 at 12:19AM
    I've added a few comments where seen fit to do so :) looks like a step in the right direction but still a few holes that I'm sure the PPCs could exploit. Like you say some form of standardisation would go a long way and I think even down to how the PCN's are communicated to the victim as the wording can be manipulative or confusing to most with bold numbers and red numbers everywhere scaring people into just ringing and paying an inflated PCN 

Small update going forward. One SAR has been received and contained somebody else's personal details by mistake. It was resent and now I can see that the only evidence they have of an infringement is a very dark ANPR photo of the front numberplate of the vehicle supposedly exiting the car park. The entry photo is totally  black - no numberplate shown no vehicle and no evidence.

Fingers crossed the other 3 SARS come back with more pathetic evidence.

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Small update going forward. One SAR has been received and contained somebody else's personal details by mistake.
    How much detail?  This could potentially provide some leverage for you. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • RINCO
    Umkomaas said:
    Small update going forward. One SAR has been received and contained somebody else's personal details by mistake.
    There is 2 payment reminders included by mistake with someone else’s address on it and vehicle reg 
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Send copies of those letters to that person and suggest that they can go after the PPC for a data breach
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    RINCO said:
    Umkomaas said:
    There is 2 payment reminders included by mistake with someone else’s address on it and vehicle reg 
    Write to CEL, enclose copies of the letters they have forwarded to you, inform them that unless they drop the charges against you and confirm the cancellation in writing, you will be making formal complaints to the BPA, the DVLA and the ICO, copying all correspondence received to them, as well as contacting the individuals whose personal data CEL has unlawfully shared with you, suggesting that they too make complaints about CEL to the above bodies. Tell them they have made a serious breach of DPA and GDPR laws. Hit them hard!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • RINCO
    edited 29 September 2020 at 3:32PM
    Umkomaas said:
    RINCO said:
    Umkomaas said:
    Write to CEL, enclose copies of the letters they have forwarded to you, inform them that unless they drop the charges against you and confirm the cancellation in writing, you will be making formal complaints to the BPA, the DVLA and the ICO, copying all correspondence received to them, as well as contacting the individuals whose personal data CEL has unlawfully shared with you, suggesting that they too make complaints about CEL to the above bodies. Tell them they have made a serious breach of DPA and GDPR laws. Hit them hard!
    Good idea but the judgements have already defaulted in their favour and they have a CCJ so how could they reverse this? 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback