Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Catchup tv dropping out

castle96castle96 Forumite
2.4K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
✭✭✭✭
This happens every 2-3 days on my Samsung smart tv. "Connect your broadband....) TV continues to work, I can see alll programs on Sky/Terrestial and access my recorded programs.
Turn off sky > turn off router > turn both on > ok then.
TV is connected by Wifi (I did have it connected by ethernet AS WEE, but this caused problems (forgotten what). 
Any ideas how to stop the above happening all the time ? Thanks

Replies

• BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    48.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused .

Is it your sky box dropping connection ? If so is it built in WiFi or the older with a separate wireless box .

Or is it the TV dropping connection
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.[
  • castle96castle96 Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah, I don't know. TV is 8 yrs old. Had the same router/sky box for 7 years. Sky Does have a separate/small sky box called 'wireless connecter mini plugged in
  • tempus_fugittempus_fugit Forumite
    1K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    We had these type of issues with an old Sky router and when I called them about it they sent a new “Sky Q” router. It looks nicer but can’t say for sure that it works any better than the old one.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.

Pedant point: There is no such word or construction as "I's", the word to use is "my".