Recently found shares. Who should claim them?

Options

Comments

• Shelldean
    Shelldean Posts: 2,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    OMFG!!!! 😠😠😠😠 he is definitely sleeping on the sofa tonight.
    Been reading the claim form. Something I hadn't done previously, as I just typed the letters.
    It doesn't state what their fee is just mentions 15% of the cash value recovered,plus a lost share certificate few ofΒ  2%

But the bit that's got me spitting feathers is right at the top, is a box to tick which clearly states entitlement of Β£98.62 and 12national grid shares.

ALL THIS PALAVER, for less than Β£100!!!!

I give up!!!
    I can't believe this I truly cant!
  • Shelldean
    Options
    Having already replied to Prosearch I think the administrator might be on slightly dodgy ground if they tried a DiY job.Β  If the shares were suddenly found their rightful home, I think Prosearch might argue it would never have happened but for them contacting the administrator in the first place.Β  Of course, Prosearch might lose that argument but is it worth the hassle?Β  (Some people might enjoy the hassle!)
    Totally agree!! We would've had no idea about these shares had They not contacted us. Given their letter states a fee of 15% they spent almost that much on postage. Given the value is less than Β£100!
    😁😁😁😁 gotta laugh or I'd cry 😒😒
  • Shelldean
    Options
    Manxman
    An old post but interesting reading. Seems they offer a voluntary service???
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12373454

This page from prosearch also states it's voluntary?

https://investors.nationalgrid.com/shareholder-information/ordinary-shares/asset-reunification

From the above page!😁😁😁
    The claim form is designed to make the recovery of entitlements as easy as possible.Β 
    Also from that same page.
    This service is voluntary
    As well as....

What should I do if I do not want to use the ProSearch service?

To make your own arrangements to recover your entitlements please contact our Registrar, Equiniti on 0800 169 7775. Lines are open 8.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday (excluding UK public holidays).

Will have to sit down and really sort this mess out!!

• xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,697 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think Prosearch might argue it would never have happened but for them contacting the administrator in the first place.Β 

And the OP's husband might argue that Prosearch's stonewalling drove him to personal research.... :)

• Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    Oh well.

Nothing to worry about then...

:)Β  :)Β  :)

[when I saw the "OMFG" I thought he must have signed up to a fixed fee of Β£10k for shares worth a fiver!]
  • xylophone
    Options
    Β£98.62 and 12national grid shares.

But does this indicate that the late husband may have had a larger holding? What happened to it?

• Shelldean
    Options
    Ok brief update.
    I had a think and search around internet and found variousΒ  email addresses for various people at national grid. emailed the one that seemed the most appropriate. Explaining everything. Thought it was worth an email.
    One of his minions replied a few days later saying they'd been asked to lol into the matter.
    And just today I've received an email from the bereavement team, asking for specific information. So have replied instantly. And now I wait and see what their next move is??

• Shelldean
    Options
    xylophone said:
    Β£98.62 and 12national grid shares.

But does this indicate that the late husband may have had a larger holding? What happened to it?

What do mean? That he held more shares and the search company have taken some already??Β 
  • xylophone
    Options
    No, I don't think that any have been taken.
    I just wondered whether there was a larger holding of shares that nobody knew he had.
  • Shelldean
    edited 11 October 2020 at 6:24PM
    Options
    xylophone said:
    No, I don't think that any have been taken.
    I just wondered whether there was a larger holding of shares that nobody knew he had.
    Ahh yes I see.
    I plan to ask once we've finally get this one resolved.
    Unless of course they decide his first wife's children get these shares (same as the search companies POV ) Then we'll just bow out!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure