TUI flights to Canary Islands in coming weeks

Have TUI announced their imminent batch of cancelleations yet in respect of the Canaries - assuming FO advice has not changed from no go status ?
Can't find details.

Replies

• WestinWestin Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    As of this morning, TUI’s website still shows cancellation of holidays and flights to the Canary Islands/Balearic Islands through to Sunday 23 August.  
    https://www.tui.co.uk/holidays/where-can-i-go-on-holiday/spain/?vlid=TMTCVD2020
    Rather disappointing that they have not updated this page. Sorry, don’t have an answer to share with you.

• NoodleDoodleManNoodleDoodleMan Forumite
    2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that.
    Confirms the lack of updated information.
  • edited 26 August 2020 at 9:19AM
    PollycatPollycat Forumite
    31.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 26 August 2020 at 9:19AM
    I found this on TUI website:
    Due to the continued UK Foreign Office advice against all but essential travel to all areas of Spain, TUI UK has extended holiday cancellations to mainland Spain and the Balearic and Canary Islands up to and including 31 August 2020.

All affected customers will be able to amend their holiday for free and receive a booking incentive or cancel and receive a full cash refund.

https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/travel-information/fco-travel-advice-change-for-spain

ETA:

this is for TUI holidays.

2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks.
    Presumably this will be updated on a rolling basis ?
  • bradders1983bradders1983 Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks.
    Presumably this will be updated on a rolling basis ?
    Well yes, the last thing they want is to cancel everything for 2 months and then in 2 weeks time the Government puts Spain back on the OK list.  Also a rolling basis makes it easier to administer refunds etc.
  • edited 27 August 2020 at 12:07PM
    NoodleDoodleManNoodleDoodleMan Forumite
    2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 27 August 2020 at 12:07PM
    Sorry, I didn't word that too well.
    I meant that TUI should flag up any changes as and when appropriate, giving reasonable notice of cancellations - I could only find information up to 23rd August, and that had gone by.
    As you say, it would be a self inflicted commercial disaster for TUI to cancel too far ahead in the prevailing situation.
    They now appear to be projecting planned flights only a week in advance of the FO's no travel stance, so it may be on a weekly "watch this space" basis ?
    We have a Canaries holiday in the next few weeks, hence a vested interest in developments.
  • WestinWestin Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think much of the blame for this apparent indecision and lateness must be down to the current Government leadership on CV19 matters and our FCO. The flip flopping of measures open borders/closed borders and the moving from travel corridors, travel traffic lights schemes and the current finger in the wind decision making on where is “safe”. All done at late notice.  I’d hate to work that around a full holiday flying programme. Can you imagine what must be going on behind the scenes to get staff off furlough to operate xx flights to Spain only for that to change three weeks later. Repeat with other destinations.

TUI should of course ensure information on their website and given to customers is correct, timely and up to date. I suspect however lots of staged and rolling cancellations often with only two/three weeks notice.

2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, a logistical nightmare for TUI staff.
    However they could make it easier and more transparent to keep up to speed with what's flying/not flying with an easy to locate dedicated webpage.
  • WestinWestin Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, a logistical nightmare for TUI staff.
    However they could make it easier and more transparent to keep up to speed with what's flying/not flying with an easy to locate dedicated webpage.
    Agreed
    2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Last updated 28th August - extant 13th September.
    Thought they might have done a weekly revision based on no change of FO advice.