We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Are we being messed around... what to do?** Update**....

13

Comments

  • onlyliveonce
    onlyliveonce Posts: 55
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 27 August 2020 at 1:12PM
    So a weeks has gone by.

    After asking my EA to make contact with our buyers, she was ignored via email and over the phone.

    So i searched online for there contact details. 
    So i sent of an email with resposne. They forwarded on our EAs email to there solicitor. They were also told be there solicitor the hold up was our side and the solicitors came up with the completion date. There is no hold up from us. 

    So i asked our solicitor again on monday if there are any updates. There solicitor replied with;The Solicitors acting for the couple buying from you have now been back in touch.

     

    They have advised the following:

     

    “We still don’t have our clients’ loan papers – I have spoken to the broker who advises he does not anticipate any problems with this however the lenders are taking longer to issue the paperwork due to the high volume of cases and the fact that some staff are still working remotely.

    Our clients would be happy to bring the date of entry forward however until the loan papers have been issued I cannot confirm this.”


    I asked if this was implying they had somthing in place and just waiting on paper work, still waiting for a response from him.


    Now what does anyone recommend. Iam tempted to contact the buyers again, no beating about the bush and ask for a straight answer.


    We really need peace of mind.


    What is everyone thoughts?


  • What are peoples thoughts; can i/should i contact the buyers again asking for the exact circumstances?
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 25,334
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I have a house on the market in Scotland at present. My EA is getting very frustrated at the time it is taking to get mortgages. Everything is taking much longer with the excuse it is due to the virus.
    Lenders are being very  cautious , especially about  first time buyers.
  • iwb100
    iwb100 Posts: 614
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    What are peoples thoughts; can i/should i contact the buyers again asking for the exact circumstances?
    You shouldn’t directly contact them under any circumstances. You’ve been told their position. What are you hoping to achieve? They are awaiting a mortgage decision and/or paperwork. You emailing them won’t change this or help in any way. Your buyers are powerless to do anything about this. The time so far is not unreasonable. Our chain just took 6 months to complete (that’s taking out the lockdown period).
  • Joyful
    Joyful Posts: 2,429
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I had viewers saying it would take them a couple of days to get the mortgage sorted. They missed out to someone that had sold their property. I would not be looking at anyone without a mortgage in place if you put it up again. I sold and had the missives done in 6 weeks. I now move in 7 weeks.
    Self Employed, Running my Dream Jobs
  • iwb100
    iwb100 Posts: 614
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Joyful said:
    I had viewers saying it would take them a couple of days to get the mortgage sorted. They missed out to someone that had sold their property. I would not be looking at anyone without a mortgage in place if you put it up again. I sold and had the missives done in 6 weeks. I now move in 7 weeks.
    What? You can't have a 'mortgage sorted' until you have a house with an accepted offer - and can instruct valuation. Having a mortgage in principle is now generally required to view - but this doesn't expedite the process of mortgage full decisions or paperwork being done and sent to solicitors during this covid period....
  • tweeto
    tweeto Posts: 57
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Me and my partner are FTB's and I can assure you that getting a mortgage is very frustrating at the moment due to the huge load lenders have. I am currently renting on a month's notice and the house we're buying is empty, so is chain free.

    This is our current progress:
    Offer accepted: 10/7
    Solicitor instructed: 13/7
    Searches instructed: 2/8
    Mortgage AIP (direct): 17/8
    Mortgage application in: 20/8
    Building survey (for me) to happen: 10/9

    One issue we had was that we were trying to go through a broker and he tried for 4 weeks (every single morning) just to get the application in with HSBC. We gave up and decided to go directly to HSBC but the closest appointment with their advisor was >3 weeks. Luckily I got a cancellation within a day and got the application in. Funnily enough the searches haven't even come back yet with the council delaying them for 2-3 weeks.

    Luckily our vendors haven't chased us yet which has helped, as it's stressful enough as it is. I am fully committed having already paid out plenty of money for the usual things and just want the deal done asap. The longer it drags out, the more i'm wasting in rent, but unfortunately there's really nothing more I can do. I am in the hands of the lender and solicitors now, although I think as soon as the searches come back and if we get our mortgage approved then we can exchange very quickly!
  • bbat
    bbat Posts: 151
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 1 September 2020 at 3:05PM
    They may not be messing you around. I made a mortgage application around 10 July, within 24 hours of offer being accepted. Due to issues with valuation survey I only had an update end of last week and I have had to make another mortgage application. I had an agreement in principle and all my paperwork is fine. Issue was the valuation survey and delays. I'm really hoping the next application is quick as I'm sure the seller is frustrated. I really want the flat and I've done everything I can. 
  • bbat said:
    They may not be messing you around. I made a mortgage application around 10 July, within 24 hours of offer being accepted. Due to issues with valuation survey I only had an update end of last week and I have had to make another mortgage application. I had an agreement in principle and all my paperwork is fine. Issue was the valuation survey and delays. I'm really hoping the next application is quick as I'm sure the seller is frustrated. I really want the flat and I've done everything I can. 

    We are in scotland mortgage lenders up here go with the valuation in the home report transript.


    Over 9 weeks on we are still waiting on them getting a mortgage offer.

    Iam totally fed up with it all completely drained by it. We are half packed living out if boxes eating dinner round a coffee table. Trying to convince the other half to forget the whole idea. But im the buy guy for not wanting to move on with life!
  • onlyliveonce
    onlyliveonce Posts: 55
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 12 September 2020 at 1:26PM
    Hi folks.
    Can a house go back on the market after 2 failed sales?

    Just found out this morning the buyers are sub prime applicants after 6 or 7 weeks of being told it is the banks that are holding things up and there broker is saying it doesnt look good.

    Back when we took there offer 10 weeks ago the solicitor acting for them said; there broker has a mortgage DIP, is confident he can place a full mortgage, have nothing to sell and has a deposit ready, this implies they are good candidates. Someone is stringing soneone along.

    What is the thoughts on re-marketing for a 3rd time? Is it classed as dead-wood.

    Thanks.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.