IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Southampton Town Quay, Parking Eye

edited 31 July 2020 at 10:08AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
57 replies 2.1K views
12346»

Replies

• UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    35K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dare I say points 2 and 3 are right after point 1). ? They're on page 4 of this thread
    Yep, I've now seen them and comments are above. This new forum doesn't show enough posts to a page to spot things at a glance, so some comments get out of sync.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • edited 26 August 2020 at 2:17PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    101.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 26 August 2020 at 2:17PM
    Just remove 4 and 5 as Umkomaas told you.  The case will be won on the fact a postal PCN was sent on day 64!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • D_P_DanceD_P_Dance Forumite
    10.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have wasted your time, now waste some of theirs, 

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/letter/letter-before-small-claims-court-claim
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    37.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There you go , they pulled out so they do not have to pay for the adjudication

By following the advice on here , which was correct , you win on a TKO , not on the what happened on the day in question

If a PPC fails POFA , it's a failure to win !!! They snooze , they lose , but they won't tell anyone that because mugs pay up
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • edited 2 September 2020 at 9:04AM
    UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    35K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 September 2020 at 9:04AM
    Ta darrrr!

Thank you for submitting your parking charge appeal to POPLA

An appeal has been opened with the reference xxx

Parking Eye Ltd - EW have told us they do not wish to contest the appeal. This means that your appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.

Yours sincerely

POPLA Team

Thank you very much for your support MSE team, Umkomaas, Coupon Mad, Nosferatu, et al.

Indeed, well done. PE don't throw a £30 POPLA fee away unnecessarily chasing a totally lost cause. 

They were just hoping you'd be a total mug and pay them while cowering at their bullying.

Please read the following thread and take the opportunity of commenting to the Government, based on your own experience, as they try to rein in this out of control skimdustry. 

Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • D_P_DanceD_P_Dance Forumite
    10.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO PE will take an LBA seriously and spend more money  contesting it.  
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.