IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Southampton Town Quay, Parking Eye

edited 31 July 2020 at 10:08AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
57 replies 2.1K views

Replies

• pinheadplanetpinheadplanet Forumite
    34 Posts
    10 Posts
    Initial appeal was rejected by Parking Eye as expected, do I just make the same representation to Popla now or does it need any further evidence?
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    16.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For POPLA you use all the points that you will find in the NEWBIE third post.
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    28.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Initial appeal was rejected by Parking Eye as expected, do I just make the same representation to Popla now or does it need any further evidence?
    No, a PoPLA appeal is totally different.

Time now to be reading the third post of the NEWBIES thread.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    101.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously not the same. Sometimes I wonder, why did I bother to write an entire section on POPLA with template wording examples, and instructions on how to put the appeal in, the 2,000 words question, the fact you only click ''OTHER'' et al, in the 3rd post of the NEWBIES thread if people don't read it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Initial appeal was rejected by Parking Eye as expected, do I just make the same representation to Popla now or does it need any further evidence?
    Obviously not the same. Sometimes I wonder, why did I bother to write an entire section on POPLA with template wording examples, and instructions on how to put the appeal in, the 2,000 words question, the fact you only click ''OTHER'' et al, in the 3rd post of the NEWBIES thread if people don't read it.
    "Sometimes I wonder, why..." It's because you care :-) You'll have to forgive me, I'm not accustomed to this subject as much as you are, so it's all new and it's quite demanding looking at dozens of different references to try to bring it all together into an appeal that will give a successful outcome. Thanks for everyones help in guiding us in the right direction.

• I'mtrying to post the appeal here but it won't let me, probably because it's too long. I tried taking out the images but still no joy...
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    35.1K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'mtrying to post the appeal here but it won't let me, probably because it's too long. I tried taking out the images but still no joy...
    Split it up over a number of posts ......
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • Maybe this'll work, it is a very shortened version just outlining the points without all the detail included:

1). This Parking Charge Notice was issued outside of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 timescale - Schedule 4, Paragraph 9 (4 and 5) clearly states that this must be within 14 days. This Parking Charge Notice was served 64 days after the alleged ‘Date of Event’ and therefore a full 50 days beyond its relevant notice period.
    Please see highlighted below the relevant section from the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012:

2). Parking at this site is subject to Associated British Ports Southampton Harbour Byelaws 2003 (“the ABP Byelaws”); this location is therefore not relevant land for the purposes of POFA 2012.

3). No Evidence of Landowner Authority - the operator is put to strict proof of full compliance with the BPA Code of Practice

4). Failure to comply with the data protection 'ICO Code of Practice' applicable to ANPR (no
    information about SAR rights, no privacy statement, no evaluation to justify that 24/7 ANPR enforcement at this site is justified, fair and proportionate). A serious BPA CoP breach

5). No Planning Permission from Southampton City Council for Pole-Mounted ANPR Cameras and no Advertising Consent for signage

• UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    35.1K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 and 5 are a waste of time, POPLA won't adjudicate on them .... they never have. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • I thought 5 was a big deal seeing as it amounts to issuing tickets 'illegally', I thought was my main defence