We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Woohoo!

Options
Milestone today, mortgage now under 50k remaining with 4 years and 7 months left! I’m aiming to have it paid off in 3 years with s bit of hugging and puffing!

Comments

• Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh that’s a cracking number L9XSS!

how much will you need to pay each month to pay off within three years?

best of luck with it  :)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • L9XSS
    L9XSS Posts: 438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have some savings I’m going to use to offset the remaining 19 months (so about 21k).
    Thanks for your reply. 😊
  • LeighofMar
    LeighofMar Posts: 672 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Great job! We have a similar timeline. The end is in sight!
    Mortgage start date Dec 2015 - $64,655.00
    Mortgage end date Dec 2045 - NOT!!!!
    Mortgage balance  - $4600.00
    Business Savings $43,310/100k
    Hope to be mortgage-free by end of 2023 
  • L9XSS
    Options
    Ok done some number crunching and I can finally pay off my mortgage in 22 months. That means I will have paid the 25 year term off 11 years early. Too early to put the champagne on ice just yet.......😂
  • newlife2016
    newlife2016 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done on what you have achieved already! With your drive and determination I’m sure you will clear the remaining mortgage in no time! Good luck!
  • jenni_fer
    jenni_fer Posts: 529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done! It must be a great feeling!
  • L9XSS
    Options
    Starting the countdown..... 20 months till mortgage free. May 2022 is my MF day. 👊
  • MrsLovely
    Options
    L9XSS said:
    Starting the countdown..... 20 months till mortgage free. May 2022 is my MF day. 👊
    Well done, almost there! Feb 22 is our MF day. So we'll be ending about the same time. The feeling is amazing and it's almost in sight. Until then keep plodding!! 👊😁
    Dec 2010=£160k.
    Mortgage free date 9th Apr 22 😎
    E fund - £10,005/£20,000
  • L9XSS
    Options
    MrsLovely said:
    L9XSS said:
    Well done, almost there! Feb 22 is our MF day. So we'll be ending about the same time. The feeling is amazing and it's almost in sight. Until then keep plodding!! 👊😁
    Will celebrate it with you! What a feeling to know you own your own home, every brick. I will be celebrating with a bottle or two of Champagne! My payments of £984 will end.
  • MrsLovely
    Options
    L9XSS said:
    MrsLovely said:
    L9XSS said:
    Will celebrate it with you! What a feeling to know you own your own home, every brick. I will be celebrating with a bottle or two of Champagne! My payments of £984 will end.
    Similar, we pay £977 per month,  but also about £45 pm critical illness which covers outstanding mortgage if anything happens to me or my husband,  so in all we will be £1022 better off!!! Yay!
    Dec 2010=£160k.
    Mortgage free date 9th Apr 22 😎
    E fund - £10,005/£20,000
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 237K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family