Change of flight time - compensation?

I have a return leg of a journey booked with Easyjet (domestic flight). This was cancelled and I was put on a much earlier flight. Now I have been moved to a much later flight. Do I get some compensation because I will be waiting a lot longer in the airport for my flight e.g. refreshments?

Comments

• Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,849 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You suggest you booked a later flight in the first place. You do not have to wait at the airport, particularly as its in the UK. And no compensation unless the flight is delayed on the day, this is not a delay but a change of time. If it is a major change, you can probably cancel and get a refund but you still have to get home.
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Personal choice to arrive at the airport early, as you have been forewarned of the change in flight time.
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    If easyJet have moved your flight by 5 hours, I think they will let you cancel for a refund if the new times don't suit you.
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    No, you don't get compensation for this.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Lets not be to hasty. When is your flight? If it was cancelled more than 14 days before the flight there is no entitlement to compensation. When were you informed of both time changes?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback