IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parkingeye overstay with breastfeeding

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I believe that the facts contained in this defence statement are true.

Defence looks good. 

I'd remove #17 from the end because they ARE 'only' claiming £100 plus court & legal fees.

Also remove this and re-number the rest:
    7.1. The Defendant avers that the claim was premature and the Claimant is put to strict proof of the letters they say were sent and where they were posted to, after the PCN itself, and evidence from their case status data that a Letter before Claim and attachments required under the Protocol, were issued, and when/where they were sent.

8. The Defendant has sent a subject access request (SAR) to the Claimant, for response during June 2020, and will expand upon the denial of breach in the witness statement and evidence, once the Defendant has seen the details from the SAR and/or in the event that the Court orders the Claimant to file & serve better particulars.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Steparius
    Steparius Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    KeithP said:
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence, look at the second post in the NEWBIES thread.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing a Defence.
    Thanks KeithP. The Newbies second thread advices to provide as evidence:
    (h) Pay & Display ticket, if the driver paid. DON'T argue 'no loss'!

In the case of alleged overstay, is 'no loss' conceivable as an argument even if the paid ticket is provided also as proof?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Not really.  It's more about insufficient grace period for the circumstances of the motorist and passengers.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,342 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    'No loss' was pretty much killed by the Learned Lord Justices of The Supreme Court in the ParkingEye v Barry Beavis case. Putting "no loss" into any private parking court defence makes little sense, but in one v ParkingEye ........ 😱 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    As above , especially if a driver could have paid for say 3 hours instead of 2 hours

The chances are that the crux of this case will revolve around those 2 arguments , especially as to why a second ticket wasn't purchased to cover the extra time
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    It is incredibly difficutl because no loss arguably works in a pay and display car park, but arguing it succesfully is very difficult. Do yo know how to pull apart the supreme court judgement in Beavis?
  • Steparius
    Steparius Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Redx said:
    As above , especially if a driver could have paid for say 3 hours instead of 2 hours

The chances are that the crux of this case will revolve around those 2 arguments , especially as to why a second ticket wasn't purchased to cover the extra time
    Thanks for the insights. I don't know if it has legal basis as an argument but buying a second ticket was only possible from the time of purchase until the vehicle exit (which was imminent). In such case the new ticket wouldn't have covered the overtime. A correction would only have been possible if ParkingEye allowed to pay a posteriori for the real time expend on site, which is an option they do not offer.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    edited 13 July 2020 at 4:48PM
    but it would have looked better to a judge, 2 payments that more than covered the whole period, and more

perception is what that argument is about, convincing a judge that steps were taken to mitigate any such loss perceived by the claimant

surely you can see you would be in a better position having 2 paid for tickets instead of one ?

you can raise your argument above to a judge, if it wasnt possible to purchase the extra time at all, but if it was possible to purchase 1 or 2 hours parking as a continuation then I fail to see your argument. most parking tickets do not cover the duration of parking, or time on site, you normally decide how long you need and pay for that period, even if you left halfway through the session

its not us you have to convince, its a judge, in county court

post up a picture of the sign from the popla evidence pack or one you took yourself
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,342 Forumite
    Whether buying a second ticket to extend the parking period actually works is debatable. There are many cases on here where this has been done, yet the PPC proceeds with a PCN. It seems the two transactions are not automatically linked, despite the same VRM being used for each of the transactions. 

Looks like the only get around is to leave the car park within the first purchased period (ANPR records exit, no PCN), then making a U-turn outside the car park, re-enter (ANPR records the new entry) and pay for the extra hour. As long as second exit is within the time limit, no PCN. But what a ball-aching rigmarole just because the PPC's eBay purchased computer system cannot cope with a basic linking job!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure