Forum Home» Phones & TV» Broadband & Internet Access

Utilities Warehouse mis-selling Bill Protector insurance to pensioners?

New Post Advanced Search

Utilities Warehouse mis-selling Bill Protector insurance to pensioners?

1 reply 28 views
daddycoolstevedaddycoolsteve Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
My mother in law (age 82) has been paying ‘Bill Protector’ insurance at £2 per month for 10+ years in her Utilities Warehouse package. I believe this is irrelevant for her having been retired the whole of that time (it provides for bill payment in the event you are made redundant). I think it is shocking that UW has allowed this to continue. They know her D.O.B. I’m considering a complaint and wondered if anyone has claimed successfully? How many customers are being ripped off with this charge?

Replies

• Neil_JonesNeil_Jones Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    My mother in law (age 82) has been paying ‘Bill Protector’ insurance at £2 per month for 10+ years in her Utilities Warehouse package. I believe this is irrelevant for her having been retired the whole of that time (it provides for bill payment in the event you are made redundant). I think it is shocking that UW has allowed this to continue. They know her D.O.B. I’m considering a complaint and wondered if anyone has claimed successfully? How many customers are being ripped off with this charge?

Not the suppliers responsibility to check that the add-on is suitable for her.  There are many people over 70 who still work: