IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Issued but Reg No Was Entered in Machine In Store - Newhall Walk Car Park, Sutton Coldfield

Options
124»

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,996 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 August 2020 at 6:31PM
    Options
    Do not use the forms.

No point in even mentioning of the forms, let alone acknowledging receipt of them.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,564 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It mentions not to use the Reply Forms - should I not respond at all to those? 
    Why would the sticky advise that if we really meant, yes, go ahead and respond to them?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • ianp_1977
    ianp_1977 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    Why would the sticky advise that if we really meant, yes, go ahead and respond to them?
    Sorry, I was unclear as it just said "DO NOT use the 'reply forms'." so I didn't know whether it just meant don't use the reply forms provided (but reply using a template/customised response) or whether it meant do not respond at all.  Sorry, this is my first time doing this and i don't want to make a mistake.

• ianp_1977
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    KeithP said:
    Do not use the forms.

No point in even mentioning of the forms, let alone acknowledging receipt of them.
    Thanks Keith.  I just didn't know if the court would hold it against us for not responding at all.  I will send in an SAR asking for all the evidence in relation to this case.  Do we then just have to wait for them to issue Court Papers?  I'm just worried about the affect a Court case hanging over my mother will have on her and have been doing everything I can think of to get this cancelled.  Obviously if it goes to Court I will go in her place to represent her, but it's still causing a lot of unnecessary upset right now.

Thank you again.
  • KeithP
    Options
    ianp_1977 said:
    KeithP said:
    Do not use the forms.

Thanks Keith.  I just didn't know if the court would hold it against us for not responding at all.
    But the NEWBIES thread doesn't say don't respond at all, does it?
  • ianp_1977
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    KeithP said:
    ianp_1977 said:
    KeithP said:
    Do not use the forms.

Thanks Keith.  I just didn't know if the court would hold it against us for not responding at all.
    But the NEWBIES thread doesn't say don't respond at all, does it?
    That's what I thought - I thought it was saying don't use the Reply Forms to respond - just send a SAR to them instead, but Umkomaas' comment below made me think that I should not respond to them:
    Umkomaas said:

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,093 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 9 September 2021 at 5:47PM
    Options
    Have you responded as Mum, rectifying her address for service to your house?

Obvious step to take to avoid her opening a court claim.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    Options
    I wonder what happened next?
  • Bananapeel123
    Options
    HI,

I have just found this thread and my mother is having the same issue with the same car park. Unfortunately she has recieved a claim form of which I have opened and registered an account with MCOL to allow for more time to gather a defence. I am currently reading through the existing defence template discussed within the NEWBIES thread. My mother has receipts of when she purchased groceries from the aldi store, here she enterted her registration and left the car park. The evidence Excel provided idetified the car entering the car park at 09.13AM and leaving at 12.28PM. My mother stated she was not in the car park for this length of time. Are there any tips on how to form a defence from this?

any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • KeithP
    Options
    @Bananapeel123, If you want help with your issue, or rather, your mother's issue, you must start your own thread.
    You have probably noticed that it is nearly two years since anything useful was posted on this thread.

In your new thread, please tell us the Issue Date on your County Court Claim Form and the date when an Acknowledgment of Service was filed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback