Forum Home» Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales

HELP!! Email hacked, then eBay hacked and Rolex bought in my name - now Paypal say they can't help? - Page 4

New Post Advanced Search

HELP!! Email hacked, then eBay hacked and Rolex bought in my name - now Paypal say they can't help?

34 replies 1.3K views
124»

Replies

• theonlywayisuptheonlywayisup Forumite
    14.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    soolin said:
    If the RM tracking shows this was delivered at some distance from the buyers location and OP has checked the address wasn’t changed then I can only echo what I have said before, open an INR but be proactive with PayPal about checking the details. this INR hinges on the address and online tracking clearly,shows the item could not have been delivered correctly. 
    soolin,  since we last 'spoke' I have told Paypal that I'm not going to move this dispute, and I want Paypal to continue to deal with it - they have my permission to approach eBay if they need to.  I also said that I would change this claim to an INR if that would help me, and I asked for their advice on that course of action.  That was 3 days ago, and they have not yet replied (up to that point they had been very quick to reply - mostly to tell me to 'get lost'!) - so I shall send them a reminder later today.  If I can't get anywhere with this, do you happen to know whether my credit card company (Nat West Bank) have an obligation to reimburse me?
    Paypal is an intermediary as far as protection from credit/debit cards goes.  You can ask your card provider but they aren't under any obligation to refund you. 
  • Hello again! Have you seen the free complaints tool? It might be very useful in helping you to create a paper trail which cannot be ignored, as opposed phonecalls or live chat online. It's in the Tools and calcs menu at the bottom of this page. Scroll 👇
  • BristolBoy33BristolBoy33 Forumite
    13 posts
    10 Posts
    soolin said:
    If the RM tracking shows this was delivered at some distance from the buyers location and OP has checked the address wasn’t changed then I can only echo what I have said before, open an INR but be proactive with PayPal about checking the details. this INR hinges on the address and online tracking clearly,shows the item could not have been delivered correctly. 
    soolin,  since we last 'spoke' I have told Paypal that I'm not going to move this dispute, and I want Paypal to continue to deal with it - they have my permission to approach eBay if they need to.  I also said that I would change this claim to an INR if that would help me, and I asked for their advice on that course of action.  That was 3 days ago, and they have not yet replied (up to that point they had been very quick to reply - mostly to tell me to 'get lost'!) - so I shall send them a reminder later today.  If I can't get anywhere with this, do you happen to know whether my credit card company (Nat West Bank) have an obligation to reimburse me?
    Paypal is an intermediary as far as protection from credit/debit cards goes.  You can ask your card provider but they aren't under any obligation to refund you. 
    That's a shame.  Looks like I'd better focus on Paypal/eBay :-( 
  • BristolBoy33BristolBoy33 Forumite
    13 posts
    10 Posts
    Hello again! Have you seen the free complaints tool? It might be very useful in helping you to create a paper trail which cannot be ignored, as opposed phonecalls or live chat online. It's in the Tools and calcs menu at the bottom of this page. Scroll 👇
    Many thanks for that - I hadn't spotted it before - I'll check it out!!