Poor service from 'On the Beach'

New Post Advanced Search

Poor service from 'On the Beach'

5 replies 89 views
Neil_CaswellNeil_Caswell Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi,
I booked a package holiday to Crete for 9 people that was cancelled due to the Virus. I appreciate that holiday companies are dealing with many problems presently but 'On the Beach' received all my payments on time & it is not unreasonable to consider that my refund is dealt with timely also.
I have contacted them several times since the cancellation & 1 month has passed with no feedback whatsoever.
....any ideas?

Replies

• DrA_HarrogateDrA_Harrogate Forumite
    333 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    This forum is for delayed flights. There are other forums better suited to your enquiry.
  • phatbearphatbear Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    A month?

I know people who are outstanding refunds from BA and Virgin from the start of the lockdown so close to three months ago!
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
  • heatherw_01heatherw_01 Forumite, Board Guide
    6.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭

Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email [email protected].
    I'm the Board Guide on Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • jackieblackjackieblack Forumite
    9.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poor service from On The Beach?
    Really? You do surprise me 

Meanwhile, in other news, the Pope is Catholic and bears sh*t in the woods!
    Who knew?!
    🤷🏻‍♀️

2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter,
    south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
    MFW #4 :) OPs: 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33
    2020 YTD £837.07 Jan £69.76, Feb £67.31, Mar £700.00
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
  • mattyprice4004mattyprice4004 Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shocker in 'cheap shonky travel agent provides bad service'. 
    They're cheap for a reason; bring back the days of booking with a proper holiday company and receiving a modicum of service. 

They're likely operating with a small amount of staff usually, combined with some being off - so you'll just have to be patient.