IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

CEL CCJ - Trying to appeal. Please help

Options

Comments

• Were_Doomed
    Options
    Have you received CEL's bundle (WS + evidence) yet? If not then all you can create is your bundle. (The SAR response is not their bundle - it is their response to your SAR. Their WS + evidence may contain elements of the SAR response, but SAR response <> Claimant's bundle).
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Op - the order says THEY compile the bundle, so you file yours with the court, serve on the claimant and REMIND THEM. That, as per the court order of x date that they are required to compile the final bundle to send to the court. 

You require they copy you in when they file on the court. 

Obviously you then ch3ck that what they sent to the court is the same as what you sent...
  • Sjay0207
    Options
    Do I need to copy CEL in the email I send to the court? 
    Also, can I send an email to the CEL requesting a copy of the bundle they are going to submit to the court?
  • henrik777
    henrik777 Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you'd have asked one more question i would've searched for a Meg Ryan gif.
  • Ferrybird
    Ferrybird Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 12 November 2020 at 12:45PM
    Options
    Anything you serve on the court should go to the claimant and vice versa. 

Technically you're meant to have the claimants permission to serve documents to them via email (according to CPRs). Some PPCs explicitly state that they don't accept service via email which is completely unreasonable during a pandemic but there you go.....

Personally I'd email them AND post AND keep proof of both as lots of hearings adjourned in the last few months due to the claimants rep claiming they've not been served docs.
  • Ferrybird
    Options
    @henrik777 that reference is 22 years old now  :D 
  • Sjay0207
    Options
    Hello
    I was scheduled to have a hearing call from the court today. My phone signal was very good and I was holding my  phone in my hand.  The calls from the Judge however has been directly sent to voicemail (no missed calls on my history log). The voice mail  just gave a recorded message to press *1 and then nothing.
    I immediately called the county court using another mobile. They told the judge is calling us directly and they cant do much.
    I also emailed the county court explaining all this. 
    What will happen next? Will they schedule a hearing on another date ?? 

Thank you

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,604 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    What will happen next? Will they schedule a hearing on another date ?? 
    How will we know?  Courts act in their own way. Why not ask your court 'What will happen next?'.  They are the only people who can possibly tell you. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    This happened to someone else last month and the Judge couldn't get hold of either of the parties.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Sjay0207
    Options
    This happened to someone else last month and theI Judge couldn't get hold of either of the parties.
    I called the court again and the executive mentioned that the hearing went ahead without us and the judge will draft  a letter by EOD and send it to us. Not sure if it implies that the claimant was present during the hearing.
    I am not sure, if it will be rejected because we were not present during the hearing. This is quite unsettling because no one was at fault and it was purely because of a technical issue.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure