reporting bad posts

Options
ceegee
ceegee Posts: 856 Forumite
I'm technically incompetent. How to we report "bad" posts?
:snow_grin"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow........":snow_grin

Comments

• heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,558 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    click the triangle underneath their name in the post
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • ceegee
    Options
    and then what......does that post automatically get reported or do we need to write a mesage?
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,558 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    write a message i think
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • ceegee
    Options
    thanks, Heather, I've sent a message with it and from the looks of my sent items box it looks as if the email heading has a post reference of some sort in it. But I wrote a message as well to be on the safe side. Blimey, I don't half struggle with this blasted computer! :o:o
  • ceegee
    Options
    The post which I reported has now gone. I don't know if it was as a result of my reporting it or not. Maybe someone else reported it too. It would be useful for the future to know if just hitting the triangle is sufficient in itself.
  • M.E.2-2
    M.E.2-2 Posts: 7,354 Forumite
    Options
    ceegee wrote:
    The post which I reported has now gone. I don't know if it was as a result of my reporting it or not. Maybe someone else reported it too. It would be useful for the future to know if just hitting the triangle is sufficient in itself.

You will get a Thank You email from Webby telling you what action was taken.
    Guest.
  • trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ceegee wrote:
    and then what......does that post automatically get reported or do we need to write a mesage?

that post automatically gets reported but it is helpful to write why you think it's a bad post as sometimes it's not immediately obvious .

Then it gets dealt withj as soon as abuse have time,sometimes quickly.......sometimes a little slower

You may or may not get a report as this is not always possible if a large number are reported or more than one person reports a post

hope that helps
  • wirm
    wirm Posts: 5,273 Forumite
    Options
    Why did they change it so that you have to email them? It was much easier to click on the report button and enter a message....
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ceegee wrote:

ceegee, if the post you are reporting is perhaps spam, ipod, affiliate or referral all you need to write is spam or whatever as that heading takes Abcon straight to the particular post.

Should you be reporting a post that disturbs you by its content then its best that you give your reasons why.
  • trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    wirm wrote:
    Why did they change it so that you have to email them? It was much easier to click on the report button and enter a message....

You don't ,just click the triangle and write a message if you like ..........or not if you don't
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport