We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Help Google FRP

2»

Comments

• stragglebod
    stragglebod Posts: 1,324 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper Second Anniversary
    What's incredible about it? If you use a service which disables the phone unless you log in using a specific Google account, you need to make sure you protect that account.
  • liggerz87
    liggerz87 Posts: 403 Forumite
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    https://support.google.com/accounts/thread/4111221?hl=en its the Google account that you set up on phone when you first set it up 
  • SaveMeDo
    SaveMeDo Posts: 279 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Well, the phone is working. Everything has been wiped, all the accounts and passwords I had on it.
    The waiting time seems to genuine.
    So, now I have the nightmare of trying to remember all the accounts names and passwords that were on the phone.
    I am posting this, as a warning to anyone with a Android Phone, be sure you have everything backed up and have your Google accounts and passwords sorted, because, just for fun, Google decide to lock you out!
    I've spent £30 and a week of running around trying to get this fixed.
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,568 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Name Dropper Photogenic 100 Posts
    Perhaps when you have your phone back up and running you will record your account names and passwords in a password manager or even in a password protected spreadsheet? It doesn't seem to me that google are to blame for this fiasco and there should be a system to prevent someone picking up a "lost" phone from using it easily.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture First Post Name Dropper
    Likewise i have used about ten Androids and never had a problem with FRP .
    But i do have some place a written log in .
  • SaveMeDo
    The first thing I need to do with the phone is set up an account with Pure Card, (Mastercard) which is what Plusnet use to issue rewards, I wonder if they ran some sort of credit check on my phone? Maybe that is why they wanted verification on the phone, a bit like setting up a new credit card. My credit is good BTW. The reward card has £75 credit from Plusnet, but it seems to want me to start using it like a credit card, which I won't be doing.
    Why did the Patten/pin suddenly stop working after 2 years?
    The issue I think, was that the verification process needs the phone number (sim card) that is on Google's records, I switched from Tesco Mobil to Three and have tried several other sims in the phone because I live in a signal dead spot. So the phone (new number) wasn't linked to any Google account and they kept asking for a code to be sent to the old number.

• SaveMeDo
    Just got a text from Pure Card, "We've now verified your mobile number. We'll use this to send one time passcodes so that you can access, and authorize online payments when requested"
    Hmm?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.