Help Google FRP

Options
SaveMeDo
SaveMeDo Posts: 279 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
Hi Guys
The pattern on my Android phone stopped being recognized, so I was locked out.
Did a factory reset, now it says at the set-up page "FRP is enabled on this phone"
It wants the google account and password, which I have entered, but it won't accept them, saying "there is a problem" I haven't used the account for over a year so it probably got deleted by Google.
I've spent all afternoon on Google trying to recover the account, but no joy.
Anyone know how to fix this, because it looks like Google has bricked my phone with there idiotic FRP rubbish.
HELP!

Comments

• PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,285 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Something isnt right here, your account must have been logged into the phone because if you had removed it then FRP would not have kicked in. Therefore you haven't "not used it" Anyway, Google don't remove accounts without warning (and certainly not after a year ).

It's hard to advise without knowing why you can't recover your password, but generally speaking ways around FRP are few and far between.

If you post the make and.model of the phone and brief details of why the recovery fails then someone can advise.
  • SaveMeDo
    Options
    Alcatel A3xl
    I bought it from tesco 23/03/18 so out of warranty.
    I only set-up the gmail account up for setting the phone up, I have never actually used the account for anything else.
    I have also got rid of Tesco mobile and have a Three sim in it. the recovery seems to want the original number.
    I can't recover the google account linked to the gmail account, I have several Google accounts so the whole thing is in a muddle.
    I didn't know anything about FRP or that it was on this phone, I wouldn't have bought this phone if I had.

• SaveMeDo
    Options
    The thing is that my Ebay, Paypal, Bank, even Yahoo, accounts are all linked to this phone. If I buy another phone, can I port the sim number over without this phone working?

• wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 2,627 Forumite
    Options
    SaveMeDo said:
    If I buy another phone, can I port the sim number over without this phone working?

Yes.  The number is attached to the SIM not the phone.

• SaveMeDo
    Options
    Well I have spent the entire day trying to get my phone working, and I'm no further on. It seems that Google have bricked my phone for reasons only known to them. I have tried installing a ROM from Alcatel, it just refuses to install. I have tried installing a ROM from the internet, it won't let me. I have tried all sorts of work arounds from youtube they don't work. I have to, apparently, ROOT the phone to install a ROM.
    The main reason I an posting this, is as a warning to other Android victims, who may be unaware of Google's FRP, and may fall in to the same trap.
    DO NOT FACTORY RESET WITHOUT SORTING YOUR GOOGLE ACCOUNTS!
    I need a little lie down now!
  • victsingh
    victsingh Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    SaveMeDo said:
    Well I have spent the entire day trying to get my phone working, and I'm no further on. It seems that Google have bricked my phone for reasons only known to them. I have tried installing a ROM from Alcatel, it just refuses to install. I have tried installing a ROM from the internet, it won't let me. I have tried all sorts of work arounds from youtube they don't work. I have to, apparently, ROOT the phone to install a ROM.
    The main reason I an posting this, is as a warning to other Android victims, who may be unaware of Google's FRP, and may fall in to the same trap.
    DO NOT FACTORY RESET WITHOUT SORTING YOUR GOOGLE ACCOUNTS!
    I need a little lie down now!
    Yep, so the unfortunate idea behind that protection is if someone pinches your phone and hits reset, they still cant use it, its designed to make phones less attractive to theft. Obviously it can catch users out if they forget their google password, but the google recovery is usually pretty good to me when I forget mine. Does it not give you a secondary email you can send a reset password to? or have you got any other (old) phones logged in with the same account, this is also an option. Good Luck!
  • Exemplar
    Exemplar Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If the phone 'is yours' you should be able to log in to that Google account and see what devices are registered against it. Google do not delete accounts.
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.

I have opinions, you have opinions. All of our opinions are valid whether they are based on fact or feeling. Respect other peoples opinions, stop forcing your opinions on other people and the world will be a happier place.
  • SaveMeDo
    Options
    Did a tour of the local Phone repair shops this morning, the guys spent 3 hours trying everything they knew, re flashing from a PC, re flashing from SD card, all sorts of software repair files, nothing works, they said they used to be workarounds, but Google have shut them all off over the years.
    At least with Apple, you could take the phone to a store with proof of purchase, and they would fix a locked phone, with Google there is no where to go.
    So my lovely phone, hardly used in mint condition is now a paperweight, thanks Google. Swear word etc.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    Options
    Can you not reset your password at google.com wait the 72 hours required to enter new password on phone .
  • SaveMeDo
    Options
    The Phone is dead, it boots up to the accounts page, but won't recognize the account and password, a pop up says "this phone has FRP enabled"
    Call me a cynic but I have just been looking at the Tesco warranty, 2 years, it ran out a few weeks ago!
    I have been trying to contact Google accounts, the info says turn the phone off FOR A WEEK, then try again!
    Incredible.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure