IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

90 seconds part two

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Add a deasdline for them to respond, I would suggest. Give them 14 days to confirm they have erased your data etc. 
  • ellaro9
    ellaro9 Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I was looking on the land registry yesterday, it came up with several items that it had but none seemed to match, its just called the "car park", there is a postcode so I called land registry for clarification but they had closed. Was going to call again today but somethings come up so Ill do it Monday. I will send the land owner a letter highlighting what VCS have been doing and informing them Ill be holding them jointly liable. The land is part of some student flats and its all the same complex, I did go into their offices at the time but they denied owning it and refered me to a sign on the ANPR camera of the car park, but that was just a data protection statement.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 29 May 2020 at 11:19AM
    It is possible to supply a map to the Land Registry with the outline of the car park marked upon it as opposed to a specific postal address and post code. This does however cost a few pounds more (about a tenner I think) than a straight forward request as the Registry personnel have to do a manual search for the data.
    However this may take longer as the offices may be understaffed or even unpersoned at the moment.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,617 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 29 May 2020 at 11:50PM
    It wasn't intended that you post a letter snail mail.  Email is immediate.

VCS' email addy is at the bottom of their Notice to Keepers and even if you don't have a letter with it on, Google Images does.  I think it starts 'litigation@' but could be wrong.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ellaro9
    Im often told I look with my eyes closed, cant see it on their paperwork but a quick Google sorted that, thank you coupon-mad, you really are a star.
    litigation@vehiclecontrol.co.uk
    Ive emailed it and sent it on their 'contact' page, will still send it snail mail so theres a record of it, everything they have sent and everything they sent me is stored safely in a folder.
  • ellaro9
    edited 1 June 2020 at 9:29AM
    Ive been in touch with the land registry and it turns out the land is owned by someone in Luxembourg, Im not sure how to deal with that now, Im not sure if its worth writing to them, how do I involve them in the counter claim?
    Is actually some student accomodation with small retail units like Pizza Hut and Lidl, I contacted the univercity who denied having anything to do with it.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    They almost certainly have a managing agent in the uk. 
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 June 2020 at 9:43AM
    When you get the inevitable court claim and later submit your defence, ensure you have Not the Landowner and No standing or valid contract to issue charges in their own name. You should then get to see their alleged contract but I doubt very much that it will be with the landowner. You will then be able to rubbish it with a little detective work from the Companies House website, and with our help.

It wouldn't hurt to contact the landowner anyway if you can find an email address, and finding out the identity of the managing agent will also help, but it is not fatal to your case if you are unable to do so. You have plenty of time to do some research.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • ellaro9
    edited 1 June 2020 at 9:53AM
    Ive found them in the UK, it IS a student letting company that have an address near the place the car park is, do you think its worth writing to them? What should I say? Sorry the questions but its making my head spin a little today, I had some meds last night.
    Update, Ive just called them and they said its not theres, looks like Im drawing a blank
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback