Forum Home» Phones & TV» TV MoneySaving

renewed virgin and they arent honouring the agreed on the phone price

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

renewed virgin and they arent honouring the agreed on the phone price

3 replies 92 views
smoggieboysmoggieboy Forumite
11 posts
Fifth Anniversary Combo Breaker
MoneySaving Newbie
managed to negotiate my bill down from a rip off £89 p/m to £60p/m was fairly content with that and went on holiday for a couple of weeks and forgot all about it. just noticed a few months later that they never honoured the £60 p/m and instead charge me £69.50 p/m instead. when iv contacted them they are saying theres no record of the £60 agreed rate and reckon they sent me a confirmation email with the £69.50 rate and because i never replied they say iv agreed. Now iv never received this email and was certainly never told there was an email to check.

Is there anything else i can do, iv asked for proof of the email being sent, the agent im dealing with is yet to reply.

feel iv been completely hoodwinked here because i was going to cancel and i said i would only consider £60 p/m

Any help much appreciated

Replies

• edited 22 May at 11:49PM
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    edited 22 May at 11:49PM
    smoggieboy said:went on holiday for a couple of weeks 
    During the Lockdown? 
    Also never checked your bill online (for "a couple of months"?)

Ooookay...
  • ididntgetwhereiamtodayididntgetwhereiamtoday Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Check your junk folder. If you’ve no email then you have no re course. You can cancel as you won’t be under contract if there is no email. 
    I didn't get where i am today by not reading moneysavingexpert.com
  • pphillipspphillips Forumite
    936 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    VM need to honor the agreed price or you don't have a new 12 month contract with them. Despite what they say, they cant impose a different 12 month contract on you by email.