renewed virgin and they arent honouring the agreed on the phone price

Options
managed to negotiate my bill down from a rip off £89 p/m to £60p/m was fairly content with that and went on holiday for a couple of weeks and forgot all about it. just noticed a few months later that they never honoured the £60 p/m and instead charge me £69.50 p/m instead. when iv contacted them they are saying theres no record of the £60 agreed rate and reckon they sent me a confirmation email with the £69.50 rate and because i never replied they say iv agreed. Now iv never received this email and was certainly never told there was an email to check.

Is there anything else i can do, iv asked for proof of the email being sent, the agent im dealing with is yet to reply.

feel iv been completely hoodwinked here because i was going to cancel and i said i would only consider £60 p/m

Any help much appreciated

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 22 May 2020 at 11:49PM
    Options
    smoggieboy said:went on holiday for a couple of weeks 
    During the Lockdown? 
    Also never checked your bill online (for "a couple of months"?)

Ooookay...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Check your junk folder. If you’ve no email then you have no re course. You can cancel as you won’t be under contract if there is no email. 
  • pphillips
    pphillips Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    VM need to honor the agreed price or you don't have a new 12 month contract with them. Despite what they say, they cant impose a different 12 month contract on you by email.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback