Very Abysmal Customer Service

jennifafa17jennifafa17 Forumite
3 Posts
First Post
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi, returned two items to Very valued at £1100. Have proof of return (s) they say they have the items but are not refunding until I delete them from my ICloud account. I have done this but despite phoning and using complaints feedback they still have not refunded me. Can anyone supply an email address to take it higher ? Much appreciated Jenni 
«13

Replies

  • MoglexMoglex Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, returned two items to Very valued at £1100. Have proof of return (s) they say they have the items but are not refunding until I delete them from my ICloud account. I have done this but despite phoning and using complaints feedback they still have not refunded me. Can anyone supply an email address to take it higher ? Much appreciated Jenni 
    It's not clear what the section in bold means. Could you elucidate?
  • KatrinaWavesKatrinaWaves Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, returned two items to Very valued at £1100. Have proof of return (s) they say they have the items but are not refunding until I delete them from my ICloud account. I have done this but despite phoning and using complaints feedback they still have not refunded me. Can anyone supply an email address to take it higher ? Much appreciated Jenni 
    Assuming these are two Apple devices that you set up to your accounts and then returned without wiping them?

    Are they definitely gong to fully refund you? Setting up to your own apple ID is beyond acceptable useage. 

    How long has this been going on? 
  • jennifafa17jennifafa17 Forumite
    3 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    The first one that arrived had either been sent in error or I had ordered the wrong one, I debated whether to keep it but decided against it - in order to set it up it has to be linked to your icloud account - I set it up - decided I would not be keeping it -erased it after one hour and ordered the one I had wanted originally. Now because of the pandemic and the uncertainty about keeping my job I decided to return the second one too. This had been set up and erased two days later but had remained on my icloud account. I have now removed these two devices from my icloud account but they have not been refunded - I do not intend to pay for two watches I no longer have.  Even if they returned them to me that would be preferable but there is NO WAY to contact them without phoning, waiting for an hour for someone to answer and then getting fobbed off again. 
  • KatrinaWavesKatrinaWaves Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    How long has this been going on since? You delayed the initial refund by not removing them
    from your iCloud account. You are now back at the bottom of the list to be dealt with. I’m sure they’ll get back to your ticket eventually. 
  • jon81ukjon81uk Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have no obligation to refund you for a used item unfortuantly. The fact you can't get through at the moment due to staff levels from Covid isn't great but the fact you have opened and used the items means you aren't legally entitled to a refund in the first place. You will just have to keep trying or ask for the items to be returned back to you.
  • DoaMDoaM Forumite
    11.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jon81uk said:
    They have no obligation to refund you for a used item unfortuantly. The fact you can't get through at the moment due to staff levels from Covid isn't great but the fact you have opened and used the items means you aren't legally entitled to a refund in the first place. You will just have to keep trying or ask for the items to be returned back to you.
    Is the wrong answer. Notwithstanding any T&Cs that Very may have, the legal position (for online sales) is that the seller must accept returns and provide a refund. The amount of refund though can be reduced depending on how much (if any) the consumer's handling of the goods has reduced their value. (I'll be charitable and say that I think this is what you meant but you expressed it incorrectly). :)
  • edited 20 May 2020 at 12:02PM
    jon81ukjon81uk Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 May 2020 at 12:02PM
    DoaM said:
    jon81uk said:
    They have no obligation to refund you for a used item unfortuantly. The fact you can't get through at the moment due to staff levels from Covid isn't great but the fact you have opened and used the items means you aren't legally entitled to a refund in the first place. You will just have to keep trying or ask for the items to be returned back to you.
    Is the wrong answer. Notwithstanding any T&Cs that Very may have, the legal position (for online sales) is that the seller must accept returns and provide a refund. The amount of refund though can be reduced depending on how much (if any) the consumer's handling of the goods has reduced their value. (I'll be charitable and say that I think this is what you meant but you expressed it incorrectly). :)
    Yes you are correct and in this case the goods may have been handled quite significantly and it may be difficult to get a refund I expect (and very hard to get a full refund). They should be able to get some kind of refund as you say if they cancelled within 14 days and returned within a further 14. But if trying to do it outside of this most retailers would state its already too much if the packaging is opened (ie if it was bought in store so there isn't the right to return given by law).
  • lammy82lammy82 Forumite
    560 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    In my opinion:
    If trying the items out necessarily involves them being set up with an account then it's reasonable to do this and shouldn't preclude a full refund if the device can be fully reset back to its original condition. In a shop you would reasonably expect to be able to see the device working before committing to buy.
  • sherambersheramber Forumite
    11.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but would you see a display model working and buy a new one, never out of the box.?
  • MoglexMoglex Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    sheramber said:
    but would you see a display model working and buy a new one, never out of the box.?
    That's generally the way things work.

    Are you suggesting that if someone sees a 65" TV working in a shop, that they should insist the one they want to buy is unboxed and set up?

    Good luck with that.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals