What price per month is a good deal for BT Fibre 1 (including line rental)?

Options
wookie6
wookie6 Posts: 277 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
edited 17 May 2020 at 12:36PM in Broadband & internet access
Hi,

If renewing a contract for BT Fibre 1 (including line rental) around now, what do people consider is a good price for this service? Not necessarily the rock bottom, but just what people consider reasonable. Just wanting to get a ball park figure vs what prices BT offer this package to individual customers for?

Also I assume the Classic TV package is the most basic TV package you need to get a BT recordable TV Box first time round, however presumably if you already have the BT recordable TV Box you don't even need this when renewing?

Thanks! 

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    < presumably if you already have the BT recordable TV Box you don't even need this when renewing?>
    Correct
    I pay BT advanced line rental + 80/20 BB at sub £24 pm but as part of a negotiated deal .

• wookie6
    Options
    @JJ_Egan - Thanks very much for the info, that's useful to know. Sorry if this is a stupid question but what does 80/20 BB mean?
  • mgfvvc
    mgfvvc Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    wookie6 said:
    @JJ_Egan - Thanks very much for the info, that's useful to know. Sorry if this is a stupid question but what does 80/20 BB mean?
    That would be an 80Mbps down link and 20Mbps uplink.

• mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Everyone will probably be different, as it depends on your price sensitivity and how much you have been paying, so for me I'd say £30 a month is a reasonable price, I'd be far happier with £25 though (at the moment they are currently offering it for £27.99 to new customers). If you have other things bundled with your line + broadband and are willing to haggle, you may be able to get it cheaper.
  • wookie6
    Options
    Thanks @mac.d, I fully appreciate everyone idea of a reasonable price will be different, however was just interested to get some views  :)
  • wookie6
    Options
    Thanks @mac.d, I fully appreciate everyone idea of a reasonable price will be different, however was just interested to get some views  :)
  • Supatramp
    Supatramp Posts: 693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm paying £27 odd on an 18 month contract.  They wrote to me advising that it was going up in line with inflation, but it was only pennies.
    David.
  • billy2shots
    billy2shots Posts: 1,122 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Do customers tend to receive ‘offers’ towards the end of contracts or does the price automatically roll over to standard rate on expiry. 
    I'm 2 months away from my 18 month contract ending and I’m unsure whether I need to contact them nearer the time or wait for an offer. 
  • Late1stTimeBuyer
    Options
    Do customers tend to receive ‘offers’ towards the end of contracts or does the price automatically roll over to standard rate on expiry. 
    I'm 2 months away from my 18 month contract ending and I’m unsure whether I need to contact them nearer the time or wait for an offer. 
    If you log into your online account there will be some renewal offers. Mine weren't particularly great recently and were much more than a new customer would pay. I rang them and asked and they very quickly matched the new customer price. Certainly worth giving then a ring. 
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Be careful as it will roll on to standard rate at the end of contract .
    Contact them if contact is possible 30 days before the end .
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback