Forum Home» Energy» LPG, Heating Oil, Solid & Other Fuels

Does anyone know how to get hold of Lumo (if you're not a customer yet)?

New Post Advanced Search

Does anyone know how to get hold of Lumo (if you're not a customer yet)?

21 replies 182 views
Hi all,

Moved into a house on 18th March which is supplied by Lumo.  Haven't heard anything from them so went online to find contact details.  It seems you can only do this if you already have an account with them - everything is an online form.  There's a form for filling in your details if you've moved into a Lumo-supplied property, but they want my bank account details (says its optional but you can go no further if you don't fill them in!).  I'm not having them set up a DD without knowing how much for.  No social media to contact them on either.  Does anyone have an email address or phone number?
I'm a girlie whirlie despite my username

Replies

• Mister_GMister_G Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    You have posted in the LPG, Heating Oil, Solid & Other Fuels section.

If you post in the Energy section you may get more response.

• edited 11 May at 5:21PM
    Biscuit_TinBiscuit_Tin Forumite
    782 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited 11 May at 5:21PM
    Hi all,

Moved into a house on 18th March which is supplied by Lumo.  Haven't heard anything from them so went online to find contact details.  It seems you can only do this if you already have an account with them - everything is an online form.  There's a form for filling in your details if you've moved into a Lumo-supplied property, but they want my bank account details (says its optional but you can go no further if you don't fill them in!).  I'm not having them set up a DD without knowing how much for.  No social media to contact them on either.  Does anyone have an email address or phone number?
    https://lumoapp.co.uk/moving-home/

If it requires an account number, enter "0"
  • Kitchen_SinkKitchen_Sink Forumite
    230 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Note that Lumo is a trading style of Ovo Energy.
    Lumo is app based and requires you to agree to pay via direct debit.
    If you are not prepared to accept the Lumo terms, then contact Ovo who will set you up with an alternative tariff for you.
  • kennyvinegarkennyvinegar Forumite
    62 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi all,

Thanks but I've tried that, and a host of other combinations, but it just says 'Account number not found'.
  • kennyvinegarkennyvinegar Forumite
    62 posts
    If you are not prepared to accept the Lumo terms, then contact Ovo who will set you up with an alternative tariff for you.

I'll give it a go, but from what I've read Ovo don't deal directly with Lumo accounts.
  • HasbeenHasbeen Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Thanks but I've tried that, and a host of other combinations, but it just says 'Account number not found'.
    Did Lumo not send you an account number when you registered with them back in March as a new customer? No emails in spam/junk mail box etc?
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • edited 12 May at 1:22PM
    Kitchen_SinkKitchen_Sink Forumite
    230 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited 12 May at 1:22PM

I'll give it a go, but from what I've read Ovo don't deal directly with Lumo accounts.
    You don't have a Lumo account yet, nor will you unless you agree to their terms and conditions
    What have you read? I suggest you read Lumo's terms and conditions. That's what I did!
  • edited 14 May at 9:03AM
    kennyvinegarkennyvinegar Forumite
    62 posts
    edited 14 May at 9:03AM
    Hasbeen said:
    Hi all,

Did Lumo not send you an account number when you registered with them back in March as a new customer? No emails in spam/junk mail box etc?

I haven't registered with them as they haven't contacted me.  I moved into a property supplied by them so have been expecting them to contact me by letter, like companies normally do. Up until looking the other day I had no idea they were an online app.  And i check my spam folder every day, but i don't see how they're supposed to contact me aside from by letter as they don't have my email, hence why I'm trying to contact them.
    You can fill out a moving house form which you still need an account number for (0s have worked), however they say giving them your bank details is optional, but it's not.  I just want to know how much the DD will be before they take it as my husband has lost his job due to coronavirus, hence why i would like to speak to someone.
  • edited 14 May at 11:59AM
    Gerry1Gerry1 Forumite
    3.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 14 May at 11:59AM
    kennyvinegar said:
    I haven't registered with them as they haven't contacted me.  I moved into a property supplied by them so have been expecting them to contact me by letter, like companies normally do.
    That's not how it works, I'm, afraid.  You'll end up on an expensive deemed tariff if you don'r read the meter and register with the existing supplier of the property.
    However, entering 0 as the account number on this form works for me.

• edited 14 May at 12:53PM
    HasbeenHasbeen Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 14 May at 12:53PM
    Op:
    You have been a customer with Lumo since the 18th March. It is called a deemed contract.

On that day you are expected to register and provide moving in readings for both gas and electric. Hopefully you noted them down? You do not want to end up paying for any of the last occupiers usage.

Once registered you can move to a more suitable tariff within Lumo or switch away to an other provider.

Hopefully Gerry1 suggestion will now get you registered without giving your account details?

But I would suspect a rather large bill from them for 2 months usage at what is probably their most expensive standard tariff.

Hopefully it will work out for you now.
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon