DS Lites - post all avalibility here for these consoles - 2

Options

Comments

• lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I had them ordered on Amazon and Studio as just incase the ones someone said they would get me didn't arrive. I looked on the Amazon which said Xmas eve delivery, called up to ask when it'd arrive, oh sorry it'll be January. Studio said by 23rd, well I called them, sorry end of January. Thankfully mine arrived yesterday that someone said they would get me so that's a happy nephew and happy kids.

Some are selling cheaply on ebay, for no more than they are new and with next day delivery to arrive on Monday, or collect, few different areas. So much for Wii's being hardest thing to get this year, there are LOADS of them in the shops and no DSs, over 4000 Wiis just on ebay when I searched earlier, selling for lower than in the shops, under 2000 DSs and loads of those with either mad postage and abroad or mad postage and in the UK, costs what £10-12 special delivery and someone had postage from UK at £40, want their a**es kicking, rip off merchants avoiding fees. At least with the Ebay ones a lot don't have games as we nearly ended up with a bundle of games my kids don't want. Thankfully the Wii bundle I got has games they wanted with it.

Anyway I hope all those who want one for their kids manage to get one, my sons have been going mad for one as has my nephew, now I have managed to get them all one.

Happy Christmas Everyone :D
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • mookie
    mookie Posts: 2,655 Forumite
    Options
    lil_me wrote: »
    I had them ordered on Amazon and Studio as just incase the ones someone said they would get me didn't arrive. I looked on the Amazon which said Xmas eve delivery, called up to ask when it'd arrive, oh sorry it'll be January. Studio said by 23rd, well I called them, sorry end of January. Thankfully mine arrived yesterday that someone said they would get me so that's a happy nephew and happy kids.

Some are selling cheaply on ebay, for no more than they are new and with next day delivery to arrive on Monday, or collect, few different areas. So much for Wii's being hardest thing to get this year, there are LOADS of them in the shops and no DSs, over 4000 Wiis just on ebay when I searched earlier, selling for lower than in the shops, under 2000 DSs and loads of those with either mad postage and abroad or mad postage and in the UK, costs what £10-12 special delivery and someone had postage from UK at £40, want their a**es kicking, rip off merchants avoiding fees. At least with the Ebay ones a lot don't have games as we nearly ended up with a bundle of games my kids don't want. Thankfully the Wii bundle I got has games they wanted with it.

Anyway I hope all those who want one for their kids manage to get one, my sons have been going mad for one as has my nephew, now I have managed to get them all one.

Happy Christmas Everyone :D

I sold a ds for a friend on ebay who had got stuck with one she had bought for a family member, it only cost £6.00 to send on special delivery so they are having a laugh.
  • Bueller
    Options
    I've just spoken to play and the lady I spoke to was lovely but said and I quote ' I'm really scared about this '. Not exactly inspiring confidence, apparently orders overlapped and so some will be lucky and others (like me) won't be with their orders changing to 'Awaiting Stock'. Not good seeing as I promised a friend I had got him one for his g/f. Oh well, not my fault I guess.

Well, I ordered with play.com on Sunday, money shown taken from card by Monday, status went to posted, then like others on here, went back to processing. Having red a few messages, like the one above, I decided I was unlikely to get the play.com one, so I ordered one of Amazon when they became available, and decided to cancel my play.com one.

I phoned play.com and was told it was showing as waiting to be processd by the warehouse, but they were out of stock, so were waiting. I told them that I wasn't impressed because the money had been take and after my order they had become available online again, so there was no reason for mine not to have been fulfilled. The lady sounded like she'd been called by many DS hunters, so I told her I would prefer to just cancel it. She was fine, said she understod, and cancelled it there and then, and said she'd put the refund through.

Now, my money has come back onto the card already, and I have received my Amazon order - all good. But I have a parcel force notification that a parcel was needing a signature today, and I have nothing, NOTHING, nada, zip, to be delivered to my home (1. I'm not waiting for any deliveries, 2. I always deliver to work address, but Ds from Play.com order was restricted to Billing address - hence the home delivery). Plus my Play.com status has changed to "Not Receieved" and a seperate order line as "Refund".

So, where do I stand if it is the Play.com delivery, and they really have screwed up, and sent me a DS even though the order was cancelled and they've refunded the money?!? Seriously, I think that is what's happened...hmmmmm:confused: or BOGOF!!! :T :rotfl: :beer: :j
  • mookie
    mookie Posts: 2,655 Forumite
    Options
    Bueller wrote: »
    Well, I ordered with play.com on Sunday, money shown taken from card by Monday, status went to posted, then like others on here, went back to processing. Having red a few messages, like the one above, I decided I was unlikely to get the play.com one, so I ordered one of Amazon when they became available, and decided to cancel my play.com one.

I phoned play.com and was told it was showing as waiting to be processd by the warehouse, but they were out of stock, so were waiting. I told them that I wasn't impressed because the money had been take and after my order they had become available online again, so there was no reason for mine not to have been fulfilled. The lady sounded like she'd been called by many DS hunters, so I told her I would prefer to just cancel it. She was fine, said she understod, and cancelled it there and then, and said she'd put the refund through.

Now, my money has come back onto the card already, and I have received my Amazon order - all good. But I have a parcel force notification that a parcel was needing a signature today, and I have nothing, NOTHING, nada, zip, to be delivered to my home (1. I'm not waiting for any deliveries, 2. I always deliver to work address, but Ds from Play.com order was restricted to Billing address - hence the home delivery). Plus my Play.com status has changed to "Not Receieved" and a seperate order line as "Refund".

So, where do I stand if it is the Play.com delivery, and they really have screwed up, and sent me a DS even though the order was cancelled and they've refunded the money?!? Seriously, I think that is what's happened...hmmmmm:confused: or BOGOF!!! :T :rotfl: :beer: :j

I was reading about this the other day as a friend had a similar experience with an order, something arrived which was wrong, they sent the replacement and said they would collect the 1st one but havent. I think there is a lot of legal stuff with receiving something that doesnt actually belong to you, but apparantly if the company is made aware you have it they have something like a month to collect it, i got totally lost with what is actually right so she has just packed it up ready for them. They were told so if they dont collect it dunno where she stands. :confused:
  • cannyscot_2
    Options
    I by default have ended up with a spare white one in Glasgow which I am intending to take back to Game at the Fort over the weekend if anyone in Glasgow is needy. You can pm me and I will time it to be there for you.
  • toffee_bunny
    Options
    mookie wrote: »
    How can Amazon possibly be taking orders when they have just sent emails to customers with a delivery of Feb 2008 for last weeks orders! :confused:
    ordered mine from amazon on 18th (evening) with first class delivery it arrived yesterday 21st so don't give up hope:T
  • crackers
    Options
    I ordered a pink one on the 17th from Amazon it arrived as planned yesterday, fingers crossed for everyone else.

PS Big Thankyou to everyone on the forum as I'd never have got one without everyones tips. Merry Christmas MSE's.
  • dollywops
    dollywops Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    shopto.net have black ones in stock now.
  • daviddonna
    Options
    John Lewis has the silver ones back in stock at £99.95. I got an email this morning from them.
  • Elitist
    Elitist Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    tequila26 wrote: »
    oh good grief! I hate being the bearer of bad news but when i spoke to amazon yesterday they said they were all out and wouldnt be having any more in until january. I ordered mine on the 18th btw

and to top it all ive just seen this (on another site) that another amazon customer has received :-

Anyone else just get a message similar to this from Amazon?

Dear Customer, We wanted to give you an update on the status of your order #order number. Unfortunately, an unexpected delay from our supplier may prevent us from delivering some items in your order by Christmas.

The following items have been delayed: "Nintendo DS Lite Handheld Console (White)"

[Video Game]Estimated arrival date: 01/02/08 - 06/02/08

Absolutely shocking. Was only the other day raving how good Amazon were...what a way to destroy a customers confidence.

:eek: How can that be!?! I ordered one on the 20th and it's been posted already (spoke to them today and have a tracking number, so it's definately on it's way (I hope)), so how can they possibly fill orders that were placed later and let people down that ordered first! :( That's just awful, I really hope that everyone that ordered one gets them in time..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure