Forum Home» Motoring

VW Emissions Claim

New Post Advanced Search

VW Emissions Claim

28 replies 849 views
shellmonkshellmonk Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
Is there a way I can find out what VW / Audi cars I have owned between 2008 & 2015?  Would the DVLA be able to assist if I provided, name/address/DOB/driver no? I have had both but don’t have any records going back that far - thanks 

Replies

• ScrapitScrapit Forumite
    1.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    I'll get the popcorn...
  • AdrianCAdrianC Forumite
    31.4K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shellmonk said:
    Is there a way I can find out what VW / Audi cars I have owned between 2008 & 2015?  Would the DVLA be able to assist if I provided, name/address/DOB/driver no? I have had both but don’t have any records going back that far
    Most people would be able to remember what cars they owned 5 to 12 years ago.

But you'll find the only actually active group claim closed to new entrants quite a while ago. The others are ambulance chasers hoping to ride on their coat tails, no more than that.

I'm feeling kind today.
  • forgotmynameforgotmyname Forumite
    30.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You dont need a licence to register a car. No DOB is provided either.

You can pay to get the details from the DVLA why waste your money?

Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Highland76Highland76 Forumite
    343 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    shellmonk said:
    Is there a way I can find out what VW / Audi cars I have owned between 2008 & 2015?  Would the DVLA be able to assist if I provided, name/address/DOB/driver no? I have had both but don’t have any records going back that far - thanks 
    Is money that tight?
  • edited 6 May at 7:36PM
    MercdriverMercdriver Forumite
    3.6K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 May at 7:36PM
    if you have a facebook profile you will probably soon see ads from sheisters willing to take you as a client.  But be warned: this isn't no win, no fee.
  • KattekwaadKattekwaad Forumite
    303 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    What are you planning on claiming for?
    Hi, BB had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • AdrianCAdrianC Forumite
    31.4K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you planning on claiming for?
    A holiday.
  • lg13mzalg13mza Forumite
    152 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts
    if you have a facebook profile you will probably soon see ads from sheisters willing to take you as a client.  But be warned: this isn't no win, no fee.
    Is that true?:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=vw+emissions+no+win+no+fee&rlz=1C1GCEU_en-GBGB874GB875&oq=vw+emissions+no+win+no+fee&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.8818j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• edited 7 May at 3:55PM
    MercdriverMercdriver Forumite
    3.6K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 7 May at 3:55PM
    The ones advertising are not slater and gordon.  Slater and gordon have closed their book on this.  Also S+G have aacording to reports on here charged people who have left their action before it went the distance.
  • forgotmynameforgotmyname Forumite
    30.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "the fees are capped at around than 30%"     
    So are they capped at or around and whats the than word?   Translated in google?

And that comment was in June 2018.

Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...