One eye on the future ..one eye on the past

New Diary think I got lost in space.
Debts are slowly reducing,I sort of have a three year plan ongoing which should mean we are very comfortable in the middle of the year 2023.
I'm resigned to this being my abode ...hate my house ..hate my neighbours
For that time I want to be in a good place financially to move at that point with a view to my final retirement home bungalow near a beach ...probably will end up in a static caravan lol .
In the meantime I'm going to love my house and make it my arty farty palace on the cheap .
Ive joined the declutter thread and back on fly lady .
Unfortunately I cant fix the neighbours .
will update my signature next.
So finally debt free and it feels amazing however continuing here to stay debt free.Next declutter house and body and finally swim under that waterfall x

Comments

• elly68
    elly68 Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Well working my first Sunday in a very long time .
    As part of Covid work as I work in a Gp surgery, we have to do shifts at hub .
    Took a Sunday so I can get OT and took annual leave for Thursday so still a short week just odd .
    I'm the only one leaving this house on a daily basis FREEDOM lol
    Not planted my trees yet but fairy lights have been wrapped round the existing tree .
    List of to do's
    1.sort car insurance due Tuesday had a look can get cheaper at 100 +
    2. plant remaining plants and give lawn a second cut .
    3 find fence/shed paint .
    4.declutter bedroom I want my hotel room look to be complete
    5. start the fly lady on Monday
    6.sort diet out  exercise needs should be met with the above
    7.Paint another picture .
    Did a boat/ beach one on Friday night ,which is now my wine and fingerpaint night lol .
    So finally debt free and it feels amazing however continuing here to stay debt free.Next declutter house and body and finally swim under that waterfall x
  • elly68
    So back today we had our aunts funeral today it was a bit weird  cemetery only all standing at a distance .funeral directors were lovely and encouraged us to stand slightly closer.
    i stayed way back from ev1 just because of job wasnt going to go but OH wanted me there .
     father in law made a cross sign at me but not the praying kind lol
    shift done 1 patient in 5 hours extra pay -cc
    no1 complete current insurers called and price reduced why oh why do we have to do this every year. reduced by £85.00 mental but all helps the- cc
    no2 yeah maybe today although now laying a path as well
    no3 will go to shop thursday
    no4 mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    no5 go me found new thread and my sink its shiny
    no6 im getting better thats all i can say
    no7 is for Friday ...might do one Thursday to if i buy enough wine lol
    hope everyone is well
  • elly68
    feeling quite pleased with myself plants planted grass cut firepit built thursday plan build a path ........
  • elly68
    god did a big post and lost it short and curlies is that im off weathers to be !!!!!! so fly lady and gin with a painting mixed in it is then
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Sounds like fun! Love the fingerpaint! May try that next LOL. Well done on getting started. You've made great progress in the garden. Step by step it all makes a difference. Thanks for showing up at work. 
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works £11.1K
    3) CC £2.5K on 0% spends card but offset by £34K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value @15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • elly68
    Hi SH ,I make a right mess when I paint lol
    Think the garden is on hold today .
    Showing up at work aint a problem work with a lovely team at present and best i've ever been paid as a nurse but wont see any true benefit until dd leaves uni .3 years and counting .She loves it though so not grudged.
    your right with the step by step thing think thats why i like flylady .I will sparkle my bathroom todayhonest
    need to do a shop today might sneak to bms however trying to use all plants seeds flowers I already have before splashing any cash.
    will get tomato seeds though as I have a mini greenhouse to set up.
     enjoy your day x
  • savingholmes
    Mini greenhouse sounds ideal right now
    3) CC £2.5K on 0% spends card but offset by £34K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
  • elly68
    Hi SH read most of your diary today.
    quite a lot of similarities with my position full sympathies with the uni costs .ds has gone to college so at least we don't have to do it twice.
    i'm using my dogs hair post grooming her in a painting tonght have meant to do it for ages .
    hair glue and paint my hubby is gonna love me lol.
    obviously got little else done lol
    shopping is in for the weekend.
    no need to leave house for 4 days which is fab.
    have a lovely weekend peeps
  • savingholmes
    Wow that will have been a marathon reading Elly! All power to you - that's commitment. So go on spill - why are you using dog's hair in a painting? I got a food delivery Yay! Missed off the milk!!! Boohoo - will have to send DS to the shop.... 
  • elly68
    edited 1 May 2020 at 12:51PM
    mainly to add texture SH to the acryllic paints  shes an old gsd who's hair is everywhere and thought it would be a good keepsake some might find it a bit weird oops .
    im a good speedreader lol and it was interesting .
    need to watch tend to get lost in reading diaies and not doing my stuff hence the 7 a week challenge .
    bathroom remaining tidy ,declutter of the kitchen started time for Alexa and the black bag dance.love i can name an 80's band and give it laldy lol
    anybody reading the grammer ha i know its grammar will never be good would be interesting to find the cretin who decided it was neccessary .I like it when a sentence can be taken so many different ways lol
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback