• RealGem
    RealGem Posts: 569 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Takmon said:
    RealGem said:
    Al_Ross said:
    7nts said:
    thanks- bt did not cut off my lines but i disconnected computer lines and telephone lines for safety reasons-i feel i have been missold as my internet rental and line for my home is £75 most people pay about £25
    With BT, when taking out a new contract,you haggle,haggle and haggle a bit more.
    I have 3 accounts at 3 different addresses with BT for phone and 80 meg fibre and recently renewed them for 24 months contracts,and even after the rise of 37pence, they each cost just over £22 per month.

Hi 
    Wow £22?!
    I was quoted £43 for only home phone and 50mbps broadband with BT. And I was told that was a £5 off Chat Only deal!
    What should I say to get them anywhere near down to £22???!
    thanks
    Never trust a salesmans seems to be your first mistake. Always always compare deals on an independent site or multiple sites before you commit to an deal or enter any discussions on price. You need all the information of other deals before you can negotiate.
    I have been in sales myself, so I always do shop around. But the price I was quoted was the same as is advertised on their main site.  
    You say compare deals on independent sites. I have, and not once have I found them to be reliable prices, when I click through to the offer. 
    They are also never Like for Like either, because they always include TV or are broadband only. I want broadband and home phone. I also have to have Calls Anytime. They don't display the price for that specific setup. I have to talk to someone.
    So how do I get anywhere near £22 a month? Saying I'll leave doesn't help! Last time I refused their deal, they said "Well cancel then" 

Look at it this way... In a hundred years who's gonna care?
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    7nts said:
    Thanks for all the advice- i will try and terminate contract as i cannot see my business starting up again for a while
    Remember if you just cancel, you will lose your phone number and not be able to get it back again. That may or may not be important for you.

If it is important you could port the number to a VoIP provider like Sipgate Basic (who don't charge any monthly fee) which will keep your number live and you can use a VoIP phone in the future. In the meantime you can just put a voicemail announcement on the number and Sipgate will email any incoming voicemail messages to you.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Takmon
    Takmon Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    RealGem said:
    Takmon said:
    RealGem said:
    Al_Ross said:
    7nts said:
    thanks- bt did not cut off my lines but i disconnected computer lines and telephone lines for safety reasons-i feel i have been missold as my internet rental and line for my home is £75 most people pay about £25
    With BT, when taking out a new contract,you haggle,haggle and haggle a bit more.
    I have 3 accounts at 3 different addresses with BT for phone and 80 meg fibre and recently renewed them for 24 months contracts,and even after the rise of 37pence, they each cost just over £22 per month.

Hi 
    Wow £22?!
    I was quoted £43 for only home phone and 50mbps broadband with BT. And I was told that was a £5 off Chat Only deal!
    What should I say to get them anywhere near down to £22???!
    thanks
    Never trust a salesmans seems to be your first mistake. Always always compare deals on an independent site or multiple sites before you commit to an deal or enter any discussions on price. You need all the information of other deals before you can negotiate.
    I have been in sales myself, so I always do shop around. But the price I was quoted was the same as is advertised on their main site.  
    You say compare deals on independent sites. I have, and not once have I found them to be reliable prices, when I click through to the offer. 
    They are also never Like for Like either, because they always include TV or are broadband only. I want broadband and home phone. I also have to have Calls Anytime. They don't display the price for that specific setup. I have to talk to someone.
    So how do I get anywhere near £22 a month? Saying I'll leave doesn't help! Last time I refused their deal, they said "Well cancel then

Well i looked online and saw another provider was doing a deal for something like £21.99 a month for broadband and line rental. So i rang up in January when it was near my renewal time and asked what's the best renewal deal on offer and they said something like £25.99 a month so i said X provider are doing this price so if you can do £21.99 a month then it's a deal, he went away and came back and said ok. I think the fact that i was able to show there was another deal i could switch too convinced them that was the only way to keep me as a customer. They probably hear someone telling them they will leave may times a day and they never follow through with it.

But needing anytime calls will bump up the price. I just use my mobile so don't even have a landline plugged in because i don't see the need for it.
  • kev2009
    kev2009 Posts: 1,040 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi,

Interesting my deal comes to a end soon and so far only been offered the prices shown online also, did you go through to "thinking of leaving BT"? I just been going to renewals but it seems they don't want to offer any less than £27.99 whereas i can see i can get for £22-£25 from various other providers, just looking to find a way to make then reduce the price as ideally don't want to leave but looking like i may have no choice.
    Thanks
    Kev
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport