We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Reverse Meal Planning

1…521522523524525527»

Comments

  • fionaandphil
    fionaandphil Posts: 631
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I'm trying to clear out the fridge before shopping and to make some freezer space before Christmas! Made a lovely ragu last night with leftover pork from the weekend and some home made tomato sauce, really delicious and will try and do this a bit more over winter with our tomato glut. Tonight is sausage casserole with some leftover yorkshire puddings that need used up from the weekend. I've made a rice pudding too and am doing it in the slow cooker, a bit of an experiment for me so not sure how it will turn out. I've also had a good scour of the freezer and have got some chicken thighs out to make a curry for tomorrow now that our weather is turning a bit colder.

    Your loaded flatbread is very good reverse planning @leftatthetrafficlights

    Interest beater challenge £365 for 2026 £180.01/£365

  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 11,399
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    That sounds fantastic - we eat much more simply because most of the time, neither of us can be a**ed to cook. I have one Uchi kuri (onion squash), curing on the windowsill - looking forward to that

    Save £12k in 2026 #2 I have banked £10,836.47 in 9 months, against a £10k target The Save £12k in 2026 thread is here
    OS Grocery Challenge in 2026 I have a £3000 annual budget for 2026 - currently £1971.56 to the end of Sep
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the grow your own in 2027 thread brand new and sparkling - feel free to join us and say what and how you are planning
    My keep within our budget diary is here
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 11,399
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    I shopped a bit differently in September - we were away for a fortnight but I over-bought the things in the points boosters in my Morries loyalty card. It took my voucher total up by about £8 but I am unconvinced as I have a tendency to stockpile and this makes it worse. Anyway, it's another way they tempt us to eat stuff we don't need to! I'm away for another week next week so leaving Mr Sl to his own devices. He might need eggs but is otherwise in the land of plenty.

    I plan a ragu tonight. Minced beef is defrosting

    Save £12k in 2026 #2 I have banked £10,836.47 in 9 months, against a £10k target The Save £12k in 2026 thread is here
    OS Grocery Challenge in 2026 I have a £3000 annual budget for 2026 - currently £1971.56 to the end of Sep
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the grow your own in 2027 thread brand new and sparkling - feel free to join us and say what and how you are planning
    My keep within our budget diary is here
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 11,399
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    Eat out with my friend who I took to hospital, so Mr Sl went to his bike club meet (a pub) and eat there. Mince needs cooking but hey ho - making bread first

    Save £12k in 2026 #2 I have banked £10,836.47 in 9 months, against a £10k target The Save £12k in 2026 thread is here
    OS Grocery Challenge in 2026 I have a £3000 annual budget for 2026 - currently £1971.56 to the end of Sep
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the grow your own in 2027 thread brand new and sparkling - feel free to join us and say what and how you are planning
    My keep within our budget diary is here
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.