Reimbursement Dilemma

Options

Recently when in New Zealand my wife and I were forced to alter our holiday plans and cancel our follow-on trip to Australia as we would be required to quarantine for 2 weeks if entering the country. We attempted to contact our travel agent Opodo, from New Zealand, but the phone calls were unanswered and realising that we needed to act quickly phoned Emirates to alter our journey from Christchurch to Brisbane to be Christchurch to Glasgow. This meant that the Christchurch to Brisbane flight via Qantas would be cancelled although this does not appear to have been done by Emirates. We attempted again, after the change, to contact Opodo without success. This was exceptional circumstances and had we not altered our flight swiftly we could have missed escaping New Zealand like our travel companions who were due to travel the day after us but unfortunately this was too late and they remain in New Zealand!

We were charged £844 by Emirates for the change and I’m unsure where I should claim a reimbursement: Opodo, Amex Credit Card, Emirates or Travel Insurance?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport