Kill a company?

Comments

• JoBridger
    JoBridger Posts: 15 Forumite
    How can you not have BT on this list?!

As a business customer, BT is the worst companyn to deal with that I have ever experienced.
    Jo Bridger
  • Murphy_The_Cat
    Murphy_The_Cat Posts: 20,967 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Tescos for destroying consumer choice and for snapping up independant corner shops and rebranding them as Tesco extra.

MTC
  • Phil
    Phil Posts: 98 Forumite
    yeah, where's BT?
    Matched Betting Profits since May 2006: £467.33
  • elcoline
    elcoline Posts: 18 Forumite
    I would really like to zap Thames Water (although I am sure that there are many other water companies out there who would also deserve it by TW is my water company).

I am one of those people old enough to remember when water bills were actually included the normal household rates. Then it was itemised and then finally the water boards were sold off for a pittance to these new companies and given monopoly power.

We have not choice but to pay these companies. They can be as bad as they wish and we can do NOTHING about it!

I have a few particular gripes however:

Several years ago I decided to move my self-employed business from home into a small office.

The office had a small sink but no toilet facilities but I paid a small extra rent to use the loo in the shop next door.

I then had a water bill arrive for over £100. Not much admittedly but considering that I made around 3 or 3 cups of tea a day MAXIMUM, it was actually cheaper to buy a bottle of the most expensive mineral water from the local shop than have the water connected.

So I tried to get it disconnected!

TW then informed me that even if I did not have any water supplied I would still have to pay a fee for sewerage (remember I had no toilet but this did not seem to matter).

In addition, they wanted a fee of £95 to disconnect!

A few years later, I then moved the office back home and we then had a note placed through the door to say that water would be off for various period starting two weeks the future! Fair enough, except that TW contractors finished another job early and proceeded to disconnect the water three days EARLY without any prior notice. (This just happened to co-incide with a really important business meeting I had and meant that with no shower, I had to go the local leisure centre to get clean)!

If that were not enough, the contractors then cut through the telephone cables, so no internet access for two days (and with an on-line business this was really useful).

I telephoned TW to complain and got the usual telephone run-around only to be told eventuially that it was "nothing to do with them as they had used sub-contractors". The sub-contractors then made the same statement, i.e it was nothing to do with THEM as they were working on behalf of TW.

Finally (I hear the sighs of relief now), the other issue is leakage. TW loses around 30% of its water through its own pipes. Virtually every summer we get a hose-pipe ban and this year have been informed that we now have to pay huge increases in our bills in order to fix the leaks! This is despite the fact that TW share-holders have been milking the company for years and they were well-aware of the state of the pipes when they took over the contract.

Zap them? I'd like to boil them all in oil!

Sorry for the long rant but I feel better now!
  • elcoline
    elcoline Posts: 18 Forumite
    Re my last post.

If I can't have Thames Water, I would also have Tesco as they continue to price fruit and veg in old-fashioned lbs and ounces as it makes their prices appear cheaper. (Where are trading standards on this one; they are fast enough to prosecute the small local "butchers from Bedford" or "Greengrocers from Godalming" but seem to be too scared to take on the UK's largest supermarket!

GRRRRRRRRR.

Now I am angry again!
  • thepearce
    thepearce Posts: 2,287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Jamster

Frog. Nuff said methinks.
  • jonnibgood
    jonnibgood Posts: 113 Forumite
    I'd have to take 2 - jamster & Homechoice

Jamster for obvious reasons - that frog with a willy

Homechoice because they are completely inept - heres a summary -

missed 2 appointments
    broke my telephone sockets
    didnt install the service
    billed me every month even though i didnt have the service and called them all the time to tell them
    billed me for a £300 cancellation fee

Homechoice deserve to be zapped bigtime
    You gotta be in it to win it, and who knows you might even get a Brucie!
  • Rik_3
    Rik_3 Posts: 21 Forumite
    ITV. Without them there would be less presence of the suspect companies pushing their products every 15 minutes. :j
  • notken
    notken Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I was all ready to zap McDonalds. How could they be missing?
  • Why aren't BT on the list - a clear winner there for sure?!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure