"The Diary & Teacake" - DFW'ers Virtual cafe-in-a-crisis

Options
OK - no idea if this will work but let's see - I have deliberately put it on the diaries board because my intention is that this is a general chat thread, and yes, counter to the "usual" MSE rules (hoping the mods/board guides will allow, in the circumstances), it will not necessary have a DFW theme to the posting, and I'm keen to avoid it turning into a place where people may post DFW questions that would be better put elsewhere.

A lot of us on this board already see it as a bit of a community, but often postings are limited to what is being discussed on individual diaries. The idea of this thread is that it's somewhere to pop in and post if you feel a bit in need of a chat, isolated, or in the case of those stuck at home with small people, just desperately in need of adult conversation!

The only rule is BE KIND - which isn't needed because we are DFW'ers - we ARE kind. All welcome, the virtual kettle is always on, there is a plentiful supply of virtual cakes, twinks hobnobs and of course cheese. We may break out the occasional wine or G&T in the evenings perhaps, for those who wish? 

Come in, pull up a chair, make yourselves comfortable! 
🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
she/her

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Lovely idea @EssexHebridean :smile:  I've just popped in whilst WFH - will come back later!

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    What a wonderful idea xx
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    Great idea! Thank you for doing this 
  • FootyFanDan
    FootyFanDan Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What a fab idea!
  • DancingInTheRain
    Options
    Fabulous idea 💞
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,297 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Another one here thinks this is a brilliant idea. Hope everyone is coping 👍
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • piquant
    piquant Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Brilliant idea! Feeling a bit cut off at the moment so would love to pop in.
    Piq
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,297 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope your DD feels better soon southern chick.  I started with a dry cough, tight chest and feeling unwell last Friday.  I was fine again by yesterday.  Under normal circumstances I wouldn't have given it a second thought. Better to be safe than sorry.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure