Benidorm 17/3/2020

Options
Was flying out on the 17 March as everything else been cancelled so got told by tui it will take 7 days for a refund still no refund now they say10 days and my friend 20 days ?? Then I’ve been told we will get vouchers for the refund 🤬 can’t this be true hope not I payed cash want cash back thanks 

Comments

• heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options

Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 June 2020 at 12:59PM
    Options
    On what date was your flight cancelled? 17/3 was nearly 3 months ago, so when did they tell you 7/10/20 days, and what has been happening in the meantime? You are entitled to a cash refund if you want it. If so tell them that you will not accept a voucher, otherwise you may get one by default. 
    Getting a cash refund may take much longer, so you then have the option of chargeback or an S75, assuming you paid on a card and not by cash or transfer.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Life__Goes__On
    Life__Goes__On Posts: 2,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    macman said:
    On what date was your flight cancelled? 17/3 was nearly 3 months ago, so when did they tell you 7/10/20 days, and what has been happening in the meantime? You are entitled to a cash refund if you want it. If so tell them that you will not accept a voucher, otherwise you may get one by default. 
    Getting a cash refund may take much longer, so you then have the option of chargeback or an S75, assuming you paid on a card and not by cash or transfer.
    Due to Spam it's an old post resurrected
    New User name as MSE gave me a number in my old one.
    " I am not a number! I am a free man!"

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure