New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

OK, soso have around 64k to protect

I was thinking the folowing;
Inherited a house so not able to use the various first time buyer isa's.
I want to be ultra catious with some of the inheritance so was thinking about the vanguard 60/40 isa this year.
But I am torn on what to invest in once the tax year ends - floating between staying with the 60/40 mix but with the stock market being low considering a more exposed isa ( being an optimist )
Any advice for someone who has never had anything to invest before? Would I be better looking for a high interest account until the 2021 tax year starts for the remainder? I do work for the civil service so have a wage coming in and don't expect to have to dip into any savings below 60K for at least a few years - but do want to keep the ability to dip into that as there are two flats under my fathers house and integrating them would really increase the value of the property.
Sorry this is a bit complex but My mind isn't great with decisions. :(