Options
13»

Comments

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller Posts: 14,012 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited 20 March 2020 at 1:38PM
    Options
    I rang them yesterday afternoon (I got through immediately, but probably only because Sky VIP Diamond member, after 15+ years use) and asked them to 'pause' my Sky Sports (and Sky Sports HD) subscriptions. They agreed to pause payments for these for at least 3 months. I can still watch all the Sky Sports channels in HD, I just don't have to pay. The credits are already showing on my 'future' bills on my online SKY account. After 3 months they will review it, based on what, if any, sports are back in operation, and extend, or not.
    As others have said though, you should be able to do this online now:

There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
  • GingerJohn196
    Options
    Just spoke to Sky. As per previous comment because sports fixtures have only been 'postponed' they are not in breach of contract as they intend to show the events at a later date. However, given that the government is going to make it law to prevent gatherings of a certain amount of people, it is likely this stance will not last very long and Sky will have to change their business statement to reflect this. In the end, you can't keep taking customers money when there is no product.  .
    Come off it sunshine, you pay for the channels that show the live content.  Content is not live 24/7 and nowhere does it say it is and nowhere does it say they guarantee live sport.  And you can see the "live content", just not on the days you expect it.
    If there is no live content that's one thing but there were no sports channels at all then you would have a claim.  But the channels are there so if you're stuck with Yacht racing as there's nothing else to see then so be it.
    Suspend your Sky sports you say......yes please
  • sheffieldeagle
    Options
    Hi
    Paused both mine and my dads today. It looked like it was going to crash but went through ok. I must admit I wasn't expecting this as an option. Kudos to Sky for once.

Cheers
  • djwoodyuk
    Options
    If I pause my Sky sports online does it just add a credit for that aspect of your bill? 
    Mine shows £13 for Sky Sports and £2 for Sky Sports HD. 
    As I am under a reduced Black Friday deal I don’t want the rest of my package to go up, or for Sky Sports to be full price when it returns. 
    Has anyone done this in the same situation? 
    Chris 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You can (attempt to) pause your Sky Sports subscription managed to do it for my Grandpa after 5 attempts and an hour on the site each time.
  • Jumblebumble
    Jumblebumble Posts: 1,809 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Just spoke to Sky. As per previous comment because sports fixtures have only been 'postponed' they are not in breach of contract as they intend to show the events at a later date. However, given that the government is going to make it law to prevent gatherings of a certain amount of people, it is likely this stance will not last very long and Sky will have to change their business statement to reflect this. In the end, you can't keep taking customers money when there is no product.  .
    Come off it sunshine, you pay for the channels that show the live content.  Content is not live 24/7 and nowhere does it say it is and nowhere does it say they guarantee live sport.  And you can see the "live content", just not on the days you expect it.
    If there is no live content that's one thing but there were no sports channels at all then you would have a claim.  But the channels are there so if you're stuck with Yacht racing as there's nothing else to see then so be it.
    Suspend your Sky sports you say......yes please
    I always think it best to use the terminology that the supplier use instead of complicating matters by calling it something else

Sky do not suspend the subscription.  it still works
    They are pausing the payments
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    GabiB said:
    You can (attempt to) pause your Sky Sports subscription managed to do it for my Grandpa after 5 attempts and an hour on the site each time.
    Took me about 30 seconds to click though when I did it two weeks ago. 
    (That's when most people realised they could do it, of course, and before the lockdown fully took hold)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure