We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

SkySports contract relating to corona virus

Options

Comments

• 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 March 2020 at 12:06PM
    Options
    https://www.sky.com/shop/covid19-customer-update?irct=CHP-tile#section-12 is supposed to allow you to pause your sport subscription - though it doesn't work at the moment....

• gordonridley
    Options
    Just been onto Sky and they have cancelled my Sky Sports subscription even tough I am in mid contract. However when I tried the same with BT I was told that I am in contract until November and must continue to pay until then. Great help to those struggling to pay mortgages/rent and bills in these uncertain times.
    The BT operator even had the cheek to say to me that the sport was only postponed and I could watch it later when it was played!!
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,564 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sky TV have sent an email this afternoon and one of the things it comments on is the ability to pause a Sky sports subscription.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,538 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    giraffe69 said:
    Sky TV have sent an email this afternoon and one of the things it comments on is the ability to pause a Sky sports subscription.
    IF you can get thru to their call centre!!!
  • 50Twuncle
    Options
    giraffe69 said:

They haven't sent me one
    Besides - the way to do it doesn't work (I have been on Sky.com forum) - they claim that they will sort it on Friday !
  • coralh
    Options

rung them and asked to pause sky sports and was told my bill would be more expensive without sky sports as sky sports is linked to other offers - what a disgrace and misleading ad they are promoting in this crisis - they are a disgrace 

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,998 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    coralh said:

rung them and asked to pause sky sports and was told my bill would be more expensive without sky sports as sky sports is linked to other offers - what a disgrace and misleading ad they are promoting in this crisis - they are a disgrace 

Not necessarily misleading, it depends on what deal you have already.
  • mobileron
    mobileron Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Called Sky yesterday,paused sky sports until things change,also took 30 seconds to get thru.
    Cant beat that for service.
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well I did it online last night and for some reason it hasnt appeared off my next bill but it has a subsequent one. Can only assume their billing system needs updating so will see what it looks like after the weekend and I may have to bite the bullet and ring them up if it still looks a mess
  • 50Twuncle
    Options
    I did it last night and it worked bringing my bill down to under £24 for HD variety  plus Movies
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure