Does the Corona Virus give you an upset stomach?

Options
13»

Comments

• Trina90
    Trina90 Posts: 541 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 March 2020 at 9:33AM
    Options
    Trina90 said:
    I'm amazed at how many people keep asking this. I thought it was obvious (although I myself haven't stocked up, because I don't think it is necessary yet!) but if we are trying to avoid the virus, this means we don't want to keep popping to the shops... and what is a necessity, and something we require every single day? Toilet paper! 
    Did you "keep popping to the shops" for toilet roll a week ago? A month ago? A year ago?
    Or did you just plan ahead?
    Are you going to bulk buy your next 12 months of food, presumably dried and/or canned?  Presumably hoping it doesn't take hold as a permanent virus like the common cold?
    You people are utterly insane.
    As I said, I'm not one of them. Just think it's obvious why other people are, especially the elderly or those with pre-existing conditions. Nothing to do with upset stomachs (although some have reported this). We have 3 rolls in my house. Living life on the edge  :#
    Mortgage started 2015: £150,000 2016: £130,000 2017: £116,000 2018: £105,000 2019: £88,000 2020: £69,000 2021: £51,195 2023: MORTGAGE FREE!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    i could never understand the concept on a bidet but maybe this might have changed all of that. You go to some of the countries these are common place and there are no toilet paper shortages.
  • oldagetraveller1
    Options
    Indian procedure - eat with right hand, left hand for--------. No need to stockpile.

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,703 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Some Muslim countries do not use paper, they either have a toilet which directs water towards your bottom or a little had operated shower or a little watering can filled with water
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 March 2020 at 4:54PM
    Options
    Some Muslim countries do not use paper, they either have a toilet which directs water towards your bottom or a little had operated shower or a little watering can filled with water

its called a bidet. The same as you also find in Spain and Portugal and I'm sure other European countries. I'm sure I was in a Premier Inn and there as one installed next to the toilet there. Can't say I'd be inclined to use a bidet in a hotel or anywhere but my own home incase I ended up sitting on the tap whilst having a clean.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,703 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Daveym79 said:

its called a bidet. The same as you also find in Spain and Portugal and I'm sure other European countries. I'm sure I was in a Premier Inn and there as one installed next to the toilet there. Can't say I'd be inclined to use a bidet in a hotel or anywhere but my own home incase I ended up sitting on the tap whilst having a clean.
    No it is not a bidet. A bidet is a separate piece of sanitary ware. What I was describing was a toilet with an attachment, I should know as it was in our hotel room's bathroom, together with wash basin and bath, just the three items.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 March 2020 at 10:42AM
    Options
    adonis said:
    NeilCr said:
    One thing that I have heard is that - given the advice to catch coughs and sneezes in disposable tissues - it is much cheaper to use loo paper than paper hankies. Thus  the rush to buy loo paper!

But toilet paper dissolves in water so you blast the germs through it.

IZAL doesn't - it lasts forever - but also doesn't absorb anything and will give you a sore nose (and other) as well !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure