Does the Corona Virus give you an upset stomach?

Options
If not, why have all the loo rolls been bought?

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    prowla said:

Its a new phenomenon where everyone is buying alot of loo roll, hand wash and dettol cleaner and wipes or other cleaning products. Soaps are proving popular too.
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,558 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    prowla said:
    No, it doesn't.
    If you're going to have to self-quarantine, it makes sense to have enough loo paper to last that long.  Buying massive stocks isn't necessary.

• Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,041 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 7 March 2020 at 10:51PM
    Options
    An Australian friend tells me that all of her local shops have been stripped bare of toilet rolls, kitchen rolls, tissues and paper napkins. 
    And our Hermes courier told me today that he has been delivering large (industrial?) packs of toilet rolls to the same house.  Every day for the past 4 days.  Visions of his garage being stuffed with toilet rolls with a view to making a killing by selling them on at stupid prices.  Except we don't seem to have a problem here - went shopping yesterday, and no shortage of loo rolls in Sainsbugs or Tesco.

• NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Options
    One thing that I have heard is that - given the advice to catch coughs and sneezes in disposable tissues - it is much cheaper to use loo paper than paper hankies. Thus  the rush to buy loo paper!

• adonis
    adonis Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    NeilCr said:
    One thing that I have heard is that - given the advice to catch coughs and sneezes in disposable tissues - it is much cheaper to use loo paper than paper hankies. Thus  the rush to buy loo paper!

But toilet paper dissolves in water so you blast the germs through it.
  • Ibizafan
    Ibizafan Posts: 71 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My son in Brisbane said he was quite disappointed yesterday when he went to his local Coles (bit like Sainsbury’s) supermarket and there were toilet rolls on the shelves after all the fuss about stockpiling. On the other hand, my local Sainsbury’s had no toilet rolls at 9.30am this morning, despite having a lorry full of supplies the day before. Crazy.
  • pelirocco
    pelirocco Posts: 8,274 Forumite
    Options
    I am going to be very embarrassed  when my online shop arrives in the morning .i have been attempting  to order an online shop for my family for nearly 2 weeks as i have been sat at a hospital bedside so have been adding various items over this time and finally  managed to check out yesterday.......this has been done via my phone and  only just noticed i must have forgotten i had already added toilet roll so added more on save money if you buy more offer 
    Vuja De - the feeling you'll be here later
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,323 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    With my family of three, two of whom seem to use a roll at a time (in spite of efforts to control this), I tend to buy in packs of 24 anyway.  However, I am running out of hand wash liquid soap, nothing in my local Asda so i bought shower soap and will decant.
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Why are people buying liquid soap?
    Solid bar soap, lasts longer anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income