Does the Corona Virus give you an upset stomach?

Options

Comments

• sparky0138
    sparky0138 Posts: 487 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Maybe people are worried about potential disruption to the supply. Didn't they say 1 in 5 workers could be off work at one time? Lots of factory workers, delivery drivers etc. off work would have to have some kind of impact in the production and supply of everyday items and the last thing you wanna do is run out of loo paper. 💩
  • LillythePink
    LillythePink Posts: 781 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Stomach upsets were one of the Swine Flu symptoms as well but that wasn't published either as far as I remember.
    It can be one of the symptoms as well according to some information that was given out to airline crew as "things to watch out for"
    How true it is I have no idea, but I suppose things like this may affect different people in different ways
  • eddddy
    eddddy Posts: 16,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

I'd imagine it's because if there are major supply chain problems (e.g. deliveries to supermarkets stop), people feel that they could bear doing without toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, shower gel etc, but they can't bear the thought of not having any toilet paper.
  • RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just back from out local Aldi.

They had no large packs yesterday and hadn't had any delivered because they had already had their quota.

Obviously they had had a delivery today as I saw one woman with at least 6 large packs in her trolley. :(
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    prowla said:
    Does the Corona Virus give you an upset stomach?
    If not, why have all the loo rolls been bought?
    Maybe people have taken the phrase SHTF literally.  :D 
  • RussellR
    RussellR Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    adonis said:
    NeilCr said:
    One thing that I have heard is that - given the advice to catch coughs and sneezes in disposable tissues - it is much cheaper to use loo paper than paper hankies. Thus  the rush to buy loo paper!

But toilet paper dissolves in water so you blast the germs through it.

Not only the germs - had to change my jeans twice last week because of this :*
  • Trina90
    Trina90 Posts: 541 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm amazed at how many people keep asking this. I thought it was obvious (although I myself haven't stocked up, because I don't think it is necessary yet!) but if we are trying to avoid the virus, this means we don't want to keep popping to the shops... and what is a necessity, and something we require every single day? Toilet paper! 
    Mortgage started 2015: £150,000 2016: £130,000 2017: £116,000 2018: £105,000 2019: £88,000 2020: £69,000 2021: £51,195 2023: MORTGAGE FREE!
  • SevenOfNine
    SevenOfNine Posts: 2,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    So they can completely wrap themselves in it from head to foot, like a mummy, & feel safe from catching coronavirus when they go outside of course.
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
  • SevenOfNine
    SevenOfNine Posts: 2,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm NOT stockpiling, OK!!!
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
  • jjames1985
    jjames1985 Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Trina90 said:
    I'm amazed at how many people keep asking this. I thought it was obvious (although I myself haven't stocked up, because I don't think it is necessary yet!) but if we are trying to avoid the virus, this means we don't want to keep popping to the shops... and what is a necessity, and something we require every single day? Toilet paper! 
    Did you "keep popping to the shops" for toilet roll a week ago? A month ago? A year ago?
    Or did you just plan ahead?
    Are you going to bulk buy your next 12 months of food, presumably dried and/or canned?  Presumably hoping it doesn't take hold as a permanent virus like the common cold?
    You people are utterly insane.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport