New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Corona Virus

26 replies 2K views
Does anyone know which travel insurance companies cover quarantine. I'm going to Puerto Del Carmen. I know that's a 'safe' area so far but would like cover.

Replies

• bradders1983bradders1983 Forumite
    1.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean, cover quarantine? If you are quarantined the hotel would put you up gratis anyway, and you would be able to claim for a missed flight as part of any decent insurance policy.. Not entirely sure what it is you are after.
  • MaureensMaureens Forumite
    2 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I booked a cruise last friday going from barcelona round Itay and venice and had to pay deposit which incuded flights not refundable how do I stand now with the cororvirse been mention there this week
  • SelinaDeeSelinaDee Forumite
    4 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Basically extra days cover. I will be in an airbnb.   My holiday is 8 days. If l am in quarantine or need medical care day 9 and on, am l covered? 
  • ExplorerdoraExplorerdora Forumite
    2 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Going to Costa Adeje in 2 days but not to H10 hotel. Know we have to go or lose all what we've paid as Tui says no need to cancel. What happens if we end up confined to room for all or part of holiday. Will be able to claim compensation either from company or travel insurance or will it be we just have a dreadful holiday through no fault of our own? Anyone know?
  • bradders1983bradders1983 Forumite
    1.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Compensation from the company? Why? Would it be their fault?
  • FlugelhornFlugelhorn Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is going to be a case of looking very closely at the insurance you have to see whether it covers this sort of thing.
  • Cisco001Cisco001 Forumite
    3.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maureens said:
    I booked a cruise last friday going from barcelona round Itay and venice and had to pay deposit which incuded flights not refundable how do I stand now with the cororvirse been mention there this week
    How much deposit for cruises?
    Italy and cruises seems a bit high risk.

Could you use the flight and book a hotel in barcelona and spend the time there? Barcelona seems still OK at the moment.
  • SelinaDeeSelinaDee Forumite
    4 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Flugelhorn. I have looked through a few policies and saw that they don't cover quarantine.  Only one didn't mention quarantine so l will phone and ask. Thanks.

• silvercarsilvercar Forumite, Board Guide
    40.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to Costa Adeje in 2 days but not to H10 hotel. Know we have to go or lose all what we've paid as Tui says no need to cancel. What happens if we end up confined to room for all or part of holiday. Will be able to claim compensation either from company or travel insurance or will it be we just have a dreadful holiday through no fault of our own? Anyone know?
    You could decide to take the TUI flights and pay for yourself to stay in a different resort.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debate House Prices & the Economy, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Mortgages and Endowments, In My Home incl DIY, Overseas Holidays & Student boards.
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.
  • leylandsunaddictleylandsunaddict Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    SelinaDee said:
    Basically extra days cover. I will be in an airbnb.   My holiday is 8 days. If l am in quarantine or need medical care day 9 and on, am l covered? 
    If you've booked you should have travel insurance already so ask them. If you've risked it so far and not got any then its a question for the insurance companies themselves.  

Your EHIC should cover medical care but as you're staying in a private rental you may run into problems if you have to stay on there if you've tested positive. They may have other guests moving in.