Car Insurance didn't put policy through - compensation

Comments

• DoaM said:
    JJ_Egan said:
    < Im looking for an unbiased view  as well as whether I even have a chance of getting more>
    Yes you might but they may also withdraw the offer or cancel your insurance .
    Unless I'm reading the OP wrong, the £75 compensation is from the previous insurer not the current one? (I agree that it's ambiguous the way the OP is worded).
    Yes it's the previous insurer. 
  • davidmcn said:
    putting me at risk of driving without insurance (which could be a fine of 300£ and 6 penalty points - this would affect my living) 
    You don't get compo for things which didn't actually happen.
    I know so I didn't put this in the original email to the insurer. The *"risk"* did happen though. But that's what I'd *want* to be compensated for (as the question was "compensated for what" - even if in the eyes of the insurer that's not what they will compensate for. 
  • PieThought
    PieThought Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 26 February 2020 at 9:32PM
    Take the £75 and run. They mucked up but you're taking the mickey.  They're being very generous and you're still contemplating their offer.  

Compo for things that didn't happen and an affected phone signal?  Give me strength. 
    Wouldn't really call it generous for something that could have really messed up my life. But this is why I was asking this forum in the first place. 
    I mean I listed more than those two things but I rely on my phone signal for my GPS which I need everyday. There are ways around this I know, but its extra time and/or money.
    Like I said - I didn't base my email on the "things that didn't happen" for that exact reason.
    My specific question was whether it was reasonable. People are saying it is. That's all I was asking for. 
    A lot of people on here are real empathetic huh. 
  • Take the £75 and run. They mucked up but you're taking the mickey.  They're being very generous and you're still contemplating their offer.  

Compo for things that didn't happen and an affected phone signal?  Give me strength. 
    Wouldn't really call it generous for something that could have really messed up my life. But this is why I was asking this forum in the first place. 
    I mean I listed more than those two things but I rely on my phone signal for my GPS which I need everyday. There are ways around this I know, but its extra time and/or money.
    Like I said - I didn't base my email on the "things that didn't happen" for that exact reason.
    My specific question was whether it was reasonable. People are saying it is. That's all I was asking for. 
    A lot of people on here are real empathetic huh. 
    Well how much are you after then? £200? £1,000? £10,000?

It's got nothing to do with empathy because nothing of any seriousness happened to you.  How would you feel if I sued you for a few hundred quid because you ran a red light or sped slightly and could have knocked me over as I was crossing the road?
  • PieThought said:the time and aggravation of having to switch to a black box policy which uses an app affecting my phone battery and signal.

Please explain how the app affects your battery life and signal?
  • A plane that just flew over could have crashed on me and hurt me - it didn’t but it could have really messed up my life if it had, which it didn’t.
    How much compo can I get ??

See how silly you sound now ??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family