IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Tort for incorrect KADOE request?

Options

Comments

• pould
    pould Posts: 252 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Claim submitted this morning. Feels fantastic.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,548 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    pould said:
    Popcorn to be ordered - if any of the online delivery outfits has it available, otherwise I'll nibble on the Walkers C&O (Mrs U procured a job lot). Would be nice to have a bottle of DPD's Blue Nun with which to wash them down (nah!). 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • pould
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    pould said:
    Popcorn to be ordered - if any of the online delivery outfits has it available, otherwise I'll nibble on the Walkers C&O (Mrs U procured a job lot). Would be nice to have a bottle of DPD's Blue Nun with which to wash them down (nah!). 
    Thank you.
    The more we look at it, the more we think we have a fantastic case. For example, have you every properly looked at the Smart Parking NTK? It's not that it doesn't claim keeper liability, it doesn't even claim driver liability......

• pould
    Options
    Received confirmation the claim has been delivered. Smart Parking have till 4pm on the 20th to acknowledge. Feels marvellous.
    We've been working on my statement over the weekend. We have a large pile of the proverbial to dump on them the moment they acknowledge defence.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have you included the surgery in this as well? if they took on the PPC it might help them to focus their minds the next time they look at getting a PPC in
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • pould
    Options
    Half_way said:
    Have you included the surgery in this as well? if they took on the PPC it might help them to focus their minds the next time they look at getting a PPC in
    Good question. The answer is "no" because I've been advised that it clouds the issue and we want to keep the Judge's focus completely on the parking company.
  • zhonguonuren
    zhonguonuren Posts: 478 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Very interested in this one.  
  • pould
    Options
    Whilst Smart Parking have not yet acknowledged defence, they have changed the email address on their MCOL account to one "Shanice Griffiths".

Anyone come across her?
  • pould
    Options
    Seven days left for Smart Parking to acknowledge defence. In the meantime we have been working on a beast of a witness statement and requests for submission of evidence. We are now pretty much clear we won't accept any pre-trial offer from them short of £3000 (plus costs).

Tick, tick, tick......
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,548 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ...... pop, pop, pop, popcorn! 🍿 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure