Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Comments

• castle96
    castle96 Posts: 2,874
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Also it says £1000pm. Thought it was £500
  • Went up earlier in the year, at the same time that they announced you could deposit a one-off amount up to £10k IIRC
  • Email received from RBS that saving terms & conditions will change from 6th Feb 2024. They quoted my Digital Regular Saver is impacted. Not read and compared it all in detail so not exactly sure what the impact is. Could have an impact to the round up feature in the worst case. Not received anything from NatWest yet, but guess only a matter of time to get that email.

No change to the interest rate. 
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 3,976
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Email received from RBS that saving terms & conditions will change from 6th Feb 2024. They quoted my Digital Regular Saver is impacted. Not read and compared it all in detail so not exactly sure what the impact is. Could have an impact to the round up feature in the worst case. Not received anything from NatWest yet, but guess only a matter of time to get that email.

Think its just going on about payment limits and stuff to do with fraud and stuff. Didn't spell anything out
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 11,889
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Email received from RBS that saving terms & conditions will change from 6th Feb 2024. They quoted my Digital Regular Saver is impacted. Not read and compared it all in detail so not exactly sure what the impact is. Could have an impact to the round up feature in the worst case. Not received anything from NatWest yet, but guess only a matter of time to get that email.

Think its just going on about payment limits and stuff to do with fraud and stuff. Didn't spell anything out

We’re making some changes to your personal Savings account terms on 6th February 2024 and we have enclosed a copy of the new terms with this letter. Please take the time to read these as they contain important information about your account and our combined rights and responsibilities. These changes affect the following account(s) that you hold with us:

· Fixed Rate Savings
    · Savings Builder
    · Digital Regular Saver

We want to highlight the following three changes:

Limits on payments

Protecting you from financial crime and fraud is very important to us. To keep you and us safe, we’re making it clearer that we can set limits on payments to and from your account. These limits can apply to different types of payments, including cash deposits and withdrawals, and payments that we identify as going to areas of high risk of financial crime, such as certain cryptocurrency exchanges.

Payment limits change from time to time. We’ll always seek to tell you what they are but sometimes, to stay ahead of criminals, we might not be able to. Cash limits are listed on our website, or you can ask for details in any branch.

Keeping your account safe

To further protect you from financial crime and fraud, there are times when we might need to delay or reject payments or limit access to your services. We’re updating our terms so they’re clearer about how and when we do this.

Our liability to you

We’ve made it clearer about what we are and aren’t responsible for when it comes to any losses you might face.

Some of our accounts are changing

We’ve made the decision to discontinue our Instant Saver account. Our Instant Saver customers will be moved to our Flexible Saver account on 6th February 2024. You don’t need to do anything as the interest rate remains the same and there’s no difference between how these accounts operate. Please also note that your sort code and account number won’t change. If you have an Instant Saver account, a copy of the Flexible Saver information sheet and Financial Services Compensation Scheme leaflet are also enclosed.

If you’re unsure which accounts you have, we’ve listed your account(s) at the beginning of this email.

• fonesaver
    fonesaver Posts: 250
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Went up earlier in the year, at the same time that they announced you could deposit a one-off amount up to £10k IIRC
    The one-off amount is up to 12k
  • ForumUser7
    ForumUser7 Posts: 2,043
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Odd, I’ve not got either of the two emails. Must be coming out in batches
    If you want me to definitely see your reply, please tag me @forumuser7 Thank you.

N.B. (Amended from Forum Rules): You must investigate, and check several times, before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my content, as nothing I post is advice, rather it is personal opinion and is solely for discussion purposes. I research before my posts, and I never intend to share anything that is misleading, misinforming, or out of date, but don't rely on everything you read. Some of the information changes quickly, is my own opinion or may be incorrect. Verify anything you read before acting on it to protect yourself because you are responsible for any action you consequently make... DYOR, YMMV etc.
  • Stafford Railway Building Society RS - if they want more money (which they seem to do by loosening the savings criteria) they need to increase the 5.15% interest rate.
    They probably want a little bit more money, but not too much.  There are always some savers who prefer to stick with the provider rather than shop around for better rates.  Increasing the allowance could be the way to achieve what they need.
  • Odd, I’ve not got either of the two emails. Must be coming out in batches
    Neither did I, but it's good to know that I can delete them when they appear in my mailbox.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback