The Crossover Point

Comments

• Zola.
    Zola. Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Zola. said:
    I fear you are right @Grogged, it's sinking like a stone right now, but I am pot committed, hopefully, there's more upward drama on the rollercoaster ride yet..!
    Down 46% pre-market. I'm afraid you're left holding the bag!
    Maybe, it could be the end of the road if everyone bails, I am willing to wait and see, I knew what I was getting into before and was prepared to gamble it for a bit of fun.. One reddit user has lost 5m in one day..
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,458 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Zola. said:
    Zola. said:
    I fear you are right @Grogged, it's sinking like a stone right now, but I am pot committed, hopefully, there's more upward drama on the rollercoaster ride yet..!
    Maybe, it could be the end of the road if everyone bails, I am willing to wait and see, I knew what I was getting into before and was prepared to gamble it for a bit of fun.. One reddit user has lost 5m in one day..
    If it's the main one, it's worth remembering he started off with 50,000 dollars and has made illusory millions since 😉
  • Zola.
     edinburgher said:
    Zola. said:
    Zola. said:
    If it's the main one, it's worth remembering he started off with 50,000 dollars and has made illusory millions since 😉
    For sure, I sincerely hope he has cashed out at least a few million, but it doesn't appear so.  What a mad man!
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,458 Forumite
    I think he's married. Mrs E would have murdered me by now!
  • Zola.
    Same for me!  :D
  • Grogged
    Grogged Posts: 865 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    We could setup the RIP investment club! 😆
    If it's not adding up, compound it!
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Delurking to cheer you on in your quest. Eliminating 1 digit from the end of the balance was a huge moment for us, and I make sure we celebrate each £10k bracket. We're on a similar path in trying to be mortgage neutral by using an S&S Isa, and so far our projected date is Feb 2026, but I'm hoping for some time in 2025. So good luck!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • Zola.
    Thanks very much, @shangaijimmy :)  I like the idea of celebrating every 10k, the race to mortgage neutral is the first dream!
  • Well done on five figures!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • Zola.
    edited 11 February 2021 at 10:53AM
    Nothing too much to report this month. More of the same in the house, working, walking, running and a bit of cooking!  We finished our Nordic noir series (The Bridge), so we are on the lookout for something new to watch.
    I got an email notice to say some small side hustle work I did ages ago will finally be paid tomorrow (£300), so I plan to shift that into my Vanguard funds! Always a welcome boost to get that...

February update: 

S&S ISAs vs Mortgage Debt: 39.43% (+0.9%).  
    S&S ISAs & Cash Vs Mortgage Debt: 51.06% (+1.38%). 
    Combined Gap to Mortgage Neutral: £48,774 (-£1741)

Tipped over the 50% marker now, another small milestone  :smile:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure