» »

ADVENT COMPETITIONS/ SKIPPING POSTS

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: Stay up to date with the latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
Stay updated with our guides: Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights
NEWSFLASH 27/03
MARTINS VIDEO FOR SELF-EMPLOYED * DELAY HOUSE MOVES * EUROSTAR UPDATE

ADVENT COMPETITIONS/ SKIPPING POSTS

25 replies 631 views
marialionzamarialionza Forumite
6.6K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
✭✭✭✭
I know it is a long way away but how to skip without opening every single post when you are not interested in entering.
I'm just thinking what's going to happen if we have to open every post in order to skip it at the time of the advents.
The little flag on the left ?

Thanks to those who help us to win !
:T:beer::T

Replies

• edited 20 February at 12:40AM
    thingamaBobthingamaBob Forumite
    19.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 February at 12:40AM
    @marialionza See the last post on the Snagging thread HERE. Posted today by MSE_TINE. Particularly note after where it says "Nextup, we'll be sorting"
    Bob
  • janE1956janE1956 Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    I know it is a long way away but how to skip without opening every single post when you are not interested in entering.
    I'm just thinking what's going to happen if we have to open every post in order to skip it at the time of the advents.

My concern about advents is I am STILL not getting e mails from subscribed threads, I use this  method to enter the ones I want. I have tried taking notifications off then re subscribing and yes saving this. I have logged out of mse and back again not sure if it will ever work again for me. Think others are having the problem too.
  • thingamaBobthingamaBob Forumite
    19.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    janE1956 said:

My concern about advents is I am STILL not getting e mails from subscribed threads, I use this  method to enter the ones I want. I have tried taking notifications off then re subscribing and yes saving this. I have logged out of mse and back again not sure if it will ever work again for me. Think others are having the problem too.
    On reading this, I suddenly thought that I hadn't received any notifications recently But when I checked on my subscribed threads, I found that there hadn't actually been any replies since 17/02. The last reply, on 17/02, was on the Take A Break Mag thread and I think I did get an eMail but I'm not sure.
    Bob
    1.8K posts
    ✭✭✭
    My last e mail was Sunday 10th ie the first Sunday after the change over, since then nothing in e mails from mse
  • edited 20 February at 3:17PM
    thingamaBobthingamaBob Forumite
    19.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 February at 3:17PM
    janE1956 said:
    My last e mail was Sunday 10th ie the first Sunday after the change over, since then nothing in e mails from mse
    @janE1956 Have you checked your bookmarked threads to see if there has been any responses recently? If you click on Bookmarks then All bookmarks it brings up all threads you have bookmarked and the blue column tells you when the latest post was.
    If there has been recent posts and you definitely have marked emails in Notifications, it may be something you need to report to Admin direct. 
    Bob
    1.8K posts
    ✭✭✭
    janE1956 said:
    @janE1956 Have you checked your bookmarked threads to see if there has been any responses recently? If you click on Bookmarks then All bookmarks it brings up all threads you have bookmarked and the blue column tells you when the latest post was.
    yes, some of my bookmarks are the daily greatest hits which comping rich updates every morning def no e mails to my bookmarks since 10th as I say I have logged out and in taken off "e mail notifications and put back on saving all as I do still nothing, hope it gets sorted, thanks for trying though
  • marialionzamarialionza Forumite
    6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Advents bring a huge lot of extra pages and with this new form a lot of extra clicking.
    I would  kindly ask  to leave this thread about this issue only, so we can discuss directly without having to read a full page of other cases.
    I'm sure there are no problems with opening new threads about other subjects unless you are a prankster and want to create obstacles for the sake of your boredom.
    Thanks to those who help us to win !
    :T:beer::T
    1.8K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Advents bring a huge lot of extra pages and with this new form a lot of extra clicking.
    I would  kindly ask  to leave this thread about this issue only, so we can discuss directly without having to read a full page of other cases.
    I'm sure there are no problems with opening new threads about other subjects unless you are a prankster and want to create obstacles for the sake of your boredom.
    as my comment WAS about ADVENTS why is it ok for you to ask about them but not me, (assuming it is me you are asking if I am a prankster) Which I am not by the way.
  • edited 21 February at 4:20PM
    dontonedontone Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 February at 4:20PM
    Sort the skipping function out, and the skimming over to preview the post, and I'll be happy. I've taken a little break from comping till it's sorted. It's far too cumbersome and time consuming for me atm.
    Be Lucky.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j