SW Countdown to Easter.

Options

Comments

• Smallann76
    Options
    Hello All! 
    I'm a newbie here and came across this thread.  Is it ok to join? I've just started on SW but doing it myself.  I joined a club last year but had health issues so came off it at that time now I am determined to get back on it! I am right in thinking you can still have 2 HE A? 
    I've weighed in today and intend to weigh once a week as weighing myself everyday plays with my mind 😁!! 
    Have a good day x 
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm glad you're OK maman.
    A great idea maman for a new thread.  I'm not doing too well with keeping to syns at the moment!  I'm still within Syns at the moment but am going to have to keep very low Syn over the next 3 days if I'm to come in under!  My weight is definitely creeping up - I did my usual Monday morning WI and I'm right at top end of target and definitely feeling a bit uncomfortable with my trousers a bit snug around the waist again!  I went over syns again yesterday but glad it was just pastis and not wine again!  We had far too many bottles on Friday night to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

Today's plan:

B - overnight oats - P; F; S; HEB
    L - LO quiche, salad - P; S
    D - Goan fish curry, rice - P; S; 1.5 

HEA - milk
    HEB - porridge oats
    Syns - 5g desiccated coconut

Have a good day and keep safe.

Denise

• joedenise
    Options
    Welcome Smallann.  Of course you're welcome to join us.  SW Groups are using Zoom these days if you're interested in joining a group again.  I haven't bothered though because I'm at target and as long as I have this thread, access to the website and our group Facebook page I'll manage!  I'm also only weighing every 6-8 weeks to let my consultant know my weight as that's all I need to do to keep website and Facebook access.

You are right that you can still have 2 HEAs and one HEB, although most of us "oldies" don't have the 2nd HEA on a regular basis - probably because we got used to only being allowed one of each previously but it's nice occasionally to be able to have both cheese and milk on one day.

If you would like to post up your menu plans we'll be happy to look over them to make sure you're on plan.  Also is you want current Syn values, or recent Healthy Extras which have been added just ask.  There's usually someone around, although the thread isn't as active as it usually is since lockdown, I think it's probably because so many are struggling and have fallen off the wagon.

Denise
  • Smallann76
    Options
    Thank you for your welcome to the group.   I did toy with the idea of rejoining as an online member as I never really found the group's were for me unfortunately.  However the online option is £20 a month and I would really just use it to monitor my weight and to log my food both of which I am doing without that.  Menu so far for today (I know it's best to plan for the week but I like to change it as the day goes on sometimes!) 
    Monday: Breakfast: Baked oats. He A 250ml semi skimmed milk for drinks throughout the day.
    Snack: Apple
    Lunch: Egg and feta salad. Feta is from the 2nd HE 
    Dinner: Pasta with meatballs using 5% fat beef mince and loads of veg 
    Snack: Alpen light
    I think I'll give this first week a go and may rejoin online if I need that extra input.  Will see!! 😁 x 
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,895 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning, hope everyone is well.  Needed to go to the Supermarket for a few bits, went before 9am and the queue wasn't very long so sailed in and the shelves were well stocked.
    Had a message from a work colleague this morning, asking me if I've had a letter from work today, but my post hasn't arrived.  We are both on Furlough, she hasn't said what the letter is about, but I am prepared for bad news.
    Will let you know how this pans out.
    Heather. x
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • joedenise
    Options
    No need to plan for the week if you don't want to.  Personally I just like to plan for the whole month, although it often changes as the days come around, depending on whether everything I want is available!  It seems much more difficult at the moment with trying to avoid the shops as much as possible but fortunately I've got quite a lot of stuff in the freezer, including some HM ready meals!

Haven't heard of anyone who thought online membership was worth the money to be honest!  Probably better off just using this thread if you don't want to use the groups.

Denise
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :smiley:

I am still here , you don't get rid of me that easily 😂😂
    Don't know why i didn't check in yesterday, not been naughty !
    Welcome Ann, fingers crossed for you abbafan x
    Well this morning i had a cooked brekkie and made some lasagne , they are syn free just 11/2 hexa each, well not even that but rounded up to that i used 6 laughing cow light in the white sauce and 20g cheese on top of each 20

Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • joedenise
    Options
    Glad you're OK bubbs.  It's so unusual for you not to post bit like when I didn't post during the really warm spell and spent a lot of time in the garden!

How do you do your cheese sauce?  I always end up synning a packet sauce!  I can't even to get a proper white sauce to work!

Denise
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 April 2020 at 3:24PM
    Options
    joedenise said:
    Glad you're OK bubbs.  It's so unusual for you not to post bit like when I didn't post during the really warm spell and spent a lot of time in the garden!

How do you do your cheese sauce?  I always end up synning a packet sauce!  I can't even to get a proper white sauce to work!

Denise
    Yes im fine thanks :D
    I boil cauli in veg stock, add a teaspoon of mustard powder, whizz the cauli up, but don't pout the stock away you may need some! Then whizz in 6 laughing cow light into it, if it's too thick add a drop more stock :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • joedenise
    Options
    Thanks bubbs.  I'd have to remember to get cauliflower to do that!  Although I suppose I could try it with frozen?

Denise
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure